Are the Sun deck Penthouse suites covered?

lesharona

We just got an upgrade from a mini suite to a Penthouse suite S706, is this a covered balcony?

Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in any of these suites on the Sun Deck.

If you are talking about Golden the answer is yes. That is a great upgrade you got.

Yes it is the Golden, thanks for the info. I am very excited about staying in the suite, a first time experience! I am very glad to hear the balcony is covered. The mini we had booked was on Dolphin and the balcony was uncovered not too good for the unpredictable Alaska weather. This will be perfect! Now if the next 9 days would just pass very quickly!!:)

Yes it is the Golden, thanks for the info. I am very excited about staying in the suite, a first time experience! I am very glad to hear the balcony is covered. The mini we had booked was on Dolphin and the balcony was uncovered not too good for the unpredictable Alaska weather. This will be perfect! Now if the next 9 days would just pass very quickly!!:)

If you could let me know about the Delux Oceanview stateroom S702, I would be very grateful. I will have that cabin on our two week Hawaii trip 24 October this year. If you could post a a couple pictures of the cabin that also would be great.

Cop:)

Those look like really nice cabins. I will try to post a picture for you. Is that category CC? I will have to remember that for future cruises. The location is great, right by Horizon Court, I think it will be quiet since there are not a lot of cabins on the sun deck, at least quiet at this end, I read where down by the door going out to the terrace pool can be a little noisy

Those look like really nice cabins. I will try to post a picture for you. Is that category CC? I will have to remember that for future cruises. The location is great, right by Horizon Court, I think it will be quiet since there are not a lot of cabins on the sun deck, at least quiet at this end, I read where down by the door going out to the terrace pool can be a little noisy

This is a short cabin review by a lady that was in the cabin I will be in last March. I know it is not like your cabin. Yes it is Cat CC.

Phil

Hi Nancy!

We just got back from the Golden Princess on March 28th after spending 14 amazing days in S702. It's the BEST!!! Ignore the stock photos that the Princess website shows, its much better. There are two floor-to-ceiling windows and the square-footage is a little bigger than traditional oceanview rooms as well. There is a little comfy chair in front of the window perfect for sipping coffee, watching for whales, or watching the Wake Show every morning.

Having that window (we were upgraded from interior) was so nice because we didn't have to feel guilty about staying in our room a little bit longer in the mornings. We knew what the weather was like and could enjoy our view in our PJs! :) Even our table mates agreed that our room was amazing...they had a balcony and barely used it!

Another bonus of the S702 and S704 rooms is the location! So convenient. One floor above the buffet, and take the elevator straight down to floor 6 for dining in the Canaletto dining room (for our traditional dining each night). Because it's at the aft of the ship you just have to remember that only the aft, outer elevators take you up to floor 15. Everyone always thought we were going to Skywalkers because no one even realized there were rooms on the Sun Deck! ;)

The hallways by your room are super quiet. No one ever uses them. The only noise we heard was the shuffle board excitement since that was right out of our hallway. :)

Also, if you leave your room and go to the left, you go straight out the sun deck port side where you can walk through to get to lounge chairs, MUTS, or down to the midship pools. Much nicer than walking through the buffet areas...although sometimes pretty windy. And if you leave your room and go the right, you pass the chapel, and it take you right out to the Terrace Pool, my favorite spot. So basically you can avoid crowds of people and get where you want to go really easily.

One last plus, our room steward Jack was amazing! Hopefully you have him too. He was so prompt and we barely even saw him but every time we came back to our room it was clean, we had a bucket full of ice, and clean wine & rocks glasses. :) He knew we liked to drink! haha

If you can't tell I LOVED OUR ROOM! I would book either S702 or S704 again, especially for the price. But now I'm spoiled, never again do I want to chance getting an interior room. haha!

Hope you have a great time in your room! :)

Jenovia

Jennifer I will for sure post when I get back and let you know how "our" suite is. I don't know about you but this is my first time ever staying in a suite and I am so excited!!

Phil thank you for posting the correspondence you received on the Sun deck I think we will all be happy with this area, I will be on the 6/23 sailing and will let both of you know how I liked it when I return

Jennifer I will for sure post when I get back and let you know how "our" suite is. I don't know about you but this is my first time ever staying in a suite and I am so excited!!

Phil thank you for posting the correspondence you received on the Sun deck I think we will all be happy with this area, I will be on the 6/23 sailing and will let both of you know how I liked it when I return

I will be looking forward to your report/review of the Sun Deck cabins.

Phil:)

If you could let me know about the Delux Oceanview stateroom S702, I would be very grateful. I will have that cabin on our two week Hawaii trip 24 October this year. If you could post a a couple pictures of the cabin that also would be great.

Cop:)

Based on these reviews of S702/704, I just booked S704 for Hawaii in Oct. We did a transatlantic on RCC a few years ago in a balcony but really didn't use the balcony. This room seems like a great compromise.

Based on these reviews of S702/704, I just booked S704 for Hawaii in Oct. We did a transatlantic on RCC a few years ago in a balcony but really didn't use the balcony. This room seems like a great compromise.

When are you cruising to Hawaii, 10 or 24 Oct? If it is 24 Oct then you will be right next door.

Wow, you already met your next-door neighbor for your cruise! That's so cool!

Yep, so it seems that the CC Cat. is filled up. There was only two cabins/staterooms in that Cat anyway. I have cruised many times (6 to Hawaii) and I feel a since of excitment on these cabins, they are suspose to be great OV. Mike and I will see in Oct.

Yes it is the 24 cruise........My wife and I will look forward to meeting you, Phil

Mike

Mike, I dont know where your hometown is? I have a good frtend that use to work for me and then transfered to US Customs and is located in Green Grass MT. His name is Bill Benton and he is a US Customs Inspector.

Mike, I dont know where your hometown is? I have a good frtend that use to work for me and then transfered to US Customs and is located in Green Grass MT. His name is Bill Benton and he is a US Customs Inspector.

We're in the NW corner of Montana. I have never heard of Green Grass.....I couldn't Google it either. I assume he is in one of the small border crossings on the Montana-Canada border.

Mike

We're in the NW corner of Montana. I have never heard of Green Grass.....I couldn't Google it either. I assume he is in one of the small border crossings on the Montana-Canada border.

Mike

Yes he is, that I do know.

Phil

Wow, you already met your next-door neighbor for your cruise! That's so cool!

I took a full load of statistics in college.......the odds of finding your next door neighbor - especially when there is only one other cabin like the CC category Oceanview - is – well – pretty darn slim. Phil – we better buy a lottery ticket!

Mike

I took a full load of statistics in college.......the odds of finding your next door neighbor - especially when there is only one other cabin like the CC category Oceanview - is – well – pretty darn slim. Phil – we better buy a lottery ticket!

Mike

Mike might have to do that. Mike I don't know if you do the Roll Call thing on Cruise Critic or not. We have one going and it is listed under Golden Princess on the Roll Call Boards. We are listed as R/T Hawaii 24 October 2012. Would like to see you come up on that. You would be able to meet some of the others on our cruise, of which a lot of us have sailed the Golden and other ships to Hawaii and should be able to answer any questions you might have on the cruise and the Islands.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be in that same suite (S706) on July 7th! Can you please post how it is when you get back? I would appreciate it! :)

You will absolutely love this suite! I don't know what could make it any better. Location is perfect, the balcony is very roomy with two lounges and a table and 3 chairs. The suite is layed out very well. You are one floor away from Horizon Court which made running down for coffee a breeze. The suite is elegant and beautiful we felt we were staying in a 5 star hotel room. The tub is to die for! I wish I had it at home, I would be in heaven!

You will absolutely love this suite! I don't know what could make it any better. Location is perfect, the balcony is very roomy with two lounges and a table and 3 chairs. The suite is layed out very well. You are one floor away from Horizon Court which made running down for coffee a breeze. The suite is elegant and beautiful we felt we were staying in a 5 star hotel room. The tub is to die for! I wish I had it at home, I would be in heaven!

lesharona, I'm so happy that your suite is so great. Keep us informed of your trip.

We had a awesome cruise, weather was not the greatest but we were having such a great time it didn't matter. We did two excursions I highly recommend: In Skagway we did the 4x4 Kawasaki Mule ride, it was so much fun! scenery was so beautiful, the

lunch that is provided was delicious. In Ketchikan we

did the Bering Sea Fisherman excursion, this one is worth every penny. If you

want to see eagles close up and lots of them this is the excursion to take, the crew take you over to an island that has lots of eagles, they throw fish in the water and the eagles dive into the water for the fish. They set pots and pull up squid and crab and tell about life as a Bering Sea fisherman. The guys are all so great. At the end of the tour they line up everyone and use your camera to take a picture of you with the crew (some have been on Deadliest Catch) which I thought was very cool since the ship charges for every picture they take!

Once the salmon start running the bears will be very visible. I did see 2 bear though. For those of you who have this cruise in your near feature, you are in for a treat! I loved it!

Thank you Lesharona for the info on "our" suite! :)

Sounds like it will be great, I can't wait! 5 more days!

You mentioned the weather wasn't great, I assume that means rain and cold. Did you see a need for hats and gloves? And should my son bring his T-shirts and shorts (like he wants to) or should I tell him there will be no point?

Archived