Missing OBC...What would you do?

Frank12

Here's the story. We leave in 5 days and according to my docks we are missing $100.00 in OBC.

We have a FCC - $100.00.

We purchased $200.00 of Funship dollars which were applied as OBC.

We have shareholders credit of $100.00.

Our ES price dropped from $2,598.00 to $2,458.00 after final payment for a credit of $140.00.

If I'm doing my math right that should be $540.00 total but the docs only show $440.00. In all my prior cruises my OBC has always been posted correctly this close to sailing time.

I have confirmation e-mails for all of the above transactions.

My question is should I call guest services and try to straighten this out prior to sailing or just take my documentation and try to straighten it out at the pursers desk once on board?

I had a similar experience this past March. In the Manage My Cruise section of on-line, It looked like part of my OBC was 'missing' but if I printed my documents, the OBC was all noted there. Believe it has something to do with 'refundable' versus 'non-refundable'. Try this and if it appears in your printed documents, all is well. If not, I'd give them a call now to see if they could straighten it out in advance.

Good luck and ENJOY your cruise.

I'd do both. Give them a call to see what they show in your records, then also take your proof. On a recent cruise, we had a $50 Mastercard OBC promo and it didn't show up on any of our docs but was posted to our onboard account when we got on the ship. I took proof with me, but didn't need it. Good luck.

We have a similar situation where we have a combination of OBC from booking onboard the ship plus OBC from price decreases.

All of it is shown when you print out your documents, but $200 is missing when you look at just the main account screen.

I have all docs printed and will just deal with it when we get on the ship in a few weeks.

I would try to straighten it out before you sail. Sometimes the line at the desk can be long and if you don't get a knowledgable person, it can take awhile. I was missing an OBC on a friends room on our girlscruise that we got for having our original trip chartered and they had to send an email to Miami, blah, blah. Long story short, they got the OBC put on but it took a few hours.

I would start with whoever you booked the cruise with (TA, PVP) and as long as you have all the paperwork, it should be easy to find and fix.

Good luck

I have the exact same problem. I think it is the stock OBC that is missing. we saw the $100 for the FCC as soon as we sent that in but never saw the stock credit. I have sent multiple emails and got confirmation that we did get the stock credit but still cant see it. I guess I will have to make the call too. I really would prefer it is taken care of before we board.

and yes, the printed docs show a different amount than the Carnival website. wonder why

My question is should I call guest services and try to straighten this out prior to sailing or just take my documentation and try to straighten it out at the pursers desk once on board?

Call them. How much trouble will it be; the call is free; and you may get it sorted out.

DON

Alright, we are back up to $540.00. Here is the explanation I got:

When they entered the price drop it "re-set" the booking, which removed the FCC. The person who entered the price drop should have went back in and manually re-entered the FCC but failed to do so.

Very glad I called and got this straight instead of trying to do it on the ship! :D

Archived