Another Beverage Card Question/Issue

andyandsue

Is the $50 soda card (the one that costs $25) ONLY for soda? Can it be used to purchase any other non-alcoholic drinks?

It's just for soda.

There is a non-alcoholic beverage card that can be used for specialty coffees, etc. in Explorations Cafe. It costs $50 for $50 worth of beverages. The benefit on that is you don't need to proof out lots of receipts at the end of the cruise.

You can also purchase a card that can be used for both non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks.

Or, you can spend $95 for a $100 card, or $225 for a $250 card.

So do ya'll buy on-board credit AND beverage cards? (I'm not interested in soda cards)

I don't purchase on-board credit. Between whatever my TA has given, on-board credit from using a Future Cruise Deposit, and stockholders credit, I'm perfectly happy to pay the bill afterwards.

I don't purchase a soda card unless I'm on a long (30+ days) cruise, as I just don't drink that much soda. I do purchase a beverage card, as I don't want to keep track of slips from every cocktail purchase.

Others do things differently as it suits them better.

I need to clarify. We are on a Collector's voyage (14 days Western and Eastern Caribbean) this fall. If we buy the $250 beverage card at the beginning of the first segment, can it also be used on the second segment?

Do I understand correctly that I can buy wine and specialty coffee drinks with the beverage card?

I need to clarify. We are on a Collector's voyage (14 days Western and Eastern Caribbean) this fall. If we buy the $250 beverage card at the beginning of the first segment, can it also be used on the second segment?

I have been able to use my card for both segments of a Collectors Cruise, but I have always double checked that I could do so before purchase. I will continue to double check, just in case.

Do I understand correctly that I can buy wine and specialty coffee drinks with the beverage card?

The alcoholic beverage card can be used for everything.

The non-alcoholic beverage card can be used for everything that has no alcohol.

The soda card can be used only for soda.

If you are a 3-star or 4-star Mariner and you use a Beverage Card for a specialty coffee you do not get the 25% (3-star) or 50% (4-star) discount.

Good point. I keep forgetting that.

I have always been given a full can of soda with my card. Cans of soda are $2.24 each, for a total of 22 sodas when using the card.

Let's hope the wine steward or bartender was misinformed, and this is not a new policy.

Unfortunately, in my case on the Oosterdam/Alaska 21Jun-1Jul trip, the Front Desk also confirmed the wine steward and bartenders' response. I promptly stopped using the card and filed a complaint. I'm hoping that this was an anomoly.

Yes, unfortunately they have done away with the $100 cards. :(
Just to repeat, in case you missed what RuthC said in the last line of post #51: the $100 card is still available, but the discount price is $95 instead of the original $90. There is no longer a discount on the $50 card.

Archived