Owners Suite on Sky

Sparkygirl

I am super super excited, we just book the Owners Suite on the Sky for September 3rd!!! DH and I were originally looking for a cruise for us, then mom and dad were looking into booking their own cabin. It just seemed to make the most sense cost wise and perks wise to share the room for the four days. There will be four adults and a toddler. The Hot Tub will be amazing particularly for my dad with his bad back.

I've been in the OS on the Sky twice now....and LOVED it!! Just be warned that the hot tub doesn't stay warm....but you really won't need that in the Bahamas. Also, depending on which OS you're in, we had to turn the light from the tub off each night.....which empties the tub as well. :eek: The Bridge called and said it was interfering with their night vision. On that note, I quickly got in touch with my Butler and, while it took to the last night to rectify, they did a "quick fix" and took the bulbs out. Apparently the protective covers disappeared from the bulbs making them brighter. So, if you have a problem with that (maybe they didn't do a permanent fix), just tell 'em to take out the bulbs!!

Have a fantastic time!!:D

If you can, make sure your owners suite is on deck 8. The hot tub is huge and can hold 6 people. The hot tub on deck 9 is much smaller and can hold just about 1 person comfortable. It is a long narrow bathtub.

Good point! I forgot to mention that!:eek: I was in 8201 both cruises....great suite!!

Thank you! The travel agent had booked us in suite 9001 we just called and are now in 8201! I found a wonderful youtube video of this suite and definitely can see the difference in the pictures between the 9th deck and 8th deck suites and hot tubs.

They did tell us when we switched that the curtains need to be closed at night to avoid light reflection on the bridge. We will definitely be requesting the lightbulbs be removed from the hot tub.

Thank you! The travel agent had booked us in suite 9001 we just called and are now in 8201! I found a wonderful youtube video of this suite and definitely can see the difference in the pictures between the 9th deck and 8th deck suites and hot tubs.

They did tell us when we switched that the curtains need to be closed at night to avoid light reflection on the bridge. We will definitely be requesting the lightbulbs be removed from the hot tub.

Glad you could make the switch. Not sure why there is such a huge difference in hot tub size between decks but it must be something important.

HOPEFULLY those bulbs are fixed by now!!:eek:

Have a great cruise....she's a fantastic little ship and you're in a great suite!!;)

Hello, am very curious as I have booked the cabin next door for a trip in February. Any tips or tricks are appreciated.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!!:D

What type of tips are you wondering about? If you're in 8202, you have a huge balcony and the suite is in a pretty quiet part of the ship. Make sure if you do nothing else, you have breakfast and/or lunch at Cagney's! You can ask your butler to bring it to your room if you'd like, but we always go there for breakfast. While in port, we usually plan our day so that we can have at least on lunch at Cagney's (in addition to embarktion day lunch). The Cagney Fries are the best....but they are no longer on the menu. I asked if I could have some for lunch in April and they made them up for me!

If you need to know specifics, let us know and we'll all do our best to answer! I can ramble on and on about the Sky.....:eek: She's one of my favorite ships!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!!:D

What type of tips are you wondering about? If you're in 8202, you have a huge balcony and the suite is in a pretty quiet part of the ship. Make sure if you do nothing else, you have breakfast and/or lunch at Cagney's! You can ask your butler to bring it to your room if you'd like, but we always go there for breakfast. While in port, we usually plan our day so that we can have at least on lunch at Cagney's (in addition to embarktion day lunch). The Cagney Fries are the best....but they are no longer on the menu. I asked if I could have some for lunch in April and they made them up for me!

If you need to know specifics, let us know and we'll all do our best to answer! I can ramble on and on about the Sky.....:eek: She's one of my favorite ships!!

Hello - thanks for your note, we have booked room 8001 and I was just looking to see if there are any specific tips. Since it's such a quick trip, we want to start relaxing as soon as possible. We have recently sailed on the Epic and we sailed on the Pearl a few years ago. Thanks again for your help !

Archived