Splash Academy - Guppies

Sparkygirl

Has anyone been on the Norwegian Cruise Line ships that have rolled out the Splash Academy program specifically the guppies (parent and child) activities.

We have just booked the Owner's Suite on the Norwegian Sky for five of us on September 3, 2012. Grandma, Grandpa, Dad, Mom and Toddler. Super excited about the extra large balcony and the private hot tub!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We just came back from a trip on the Gem. She was one of the first NCL ships to have the new Splash Academy according to their web site, but the program is not ready yet. They did list at least one activity a day that was special for children under 2 with their parents (finger painting or music time etc). Plus on the Gem, the Under 2 zoo was open every day from 9-6. Our kids are a little older so we did not participate in any of the infant activities. Hopefully the Splash Academy will be ready for your trip on the Sky!

While I still have no idea or understand what the splash academy is... we were on the Pearl 3 months ago and I took this picture that was outside on one of the decks and another parent comments (on this board) that what they thought it was...part of the spash academy.

IMG1242-M.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out if this splash academy is a program or just a waterpark thing? Anyone care to explain?

The Splash Academy is the new name for the childcare program. On the Gem it's currently still called TreeTops. They are still working on changing things over to the new program. It's a misleading name because it actually has nothing to do with water or a pool etc.

The Splash Academy is the new name for the childcare program. On the Gem it's currently still called TreeTops. They are still working on changing things over to the new program. It's a misleading name because it actually has nothing to do with water or a pool etc.

Thanks for the clarification. From all the comments I've read here and there around the boards, I figured it was just the name of the program. It just really confused me when someone stated that while we were on the Pearl and I took this picture (which no one that's been on the Pearl has seem to notice this place) said that I got a "preview" of the name splash academy they are putting in. The place wasn't being used and had tables and stuff stored in it. However, if you pushed the buttons, the water did come out. :)

Thanks for the clarification. From all the comments I've read here and there around the boards, I figured it was just the name of the program. It just really confused me when someone stated that while we were on the Pearl and I took this picture (which no one that's been on the Pearl has seem to notice this place) said that I got a "preview" of the name splash academy they are putting in. The place wasn't being used and had tables and stuff stored in it. However, if you pushed the buttons, the water did come out. :)

That would have been me ;) And I was referring to the theme of how they designed the area. I gave you the link to the conversation that day but it was probably over 300 posts long by then :)

Yes - Splash Academy is the new kids club. But in your picture - NCL had applied the themes of the "Splash Academy" to their outside water area. The themes in Splash Academy is circus.

Archived