Dining reservations for specialty restaurants

I just got off of the Star and had did online booking for 3 specialty restaurants. I found that there were still plenty of slots available at various times. The only restaurants that were usually filled were the Teppanyaki and Cagney's steak house.

~La Princesa

We are now able to book our specialty restaurants but the only times available for any of them are 530 or 8 PM.

Is that normal or can we wait to get on the ship to get a later time.

We were wanting to get six or 630

Bill

Strange

We made our reservations about 5 weeks ago, we booked 4 restaurants at 6 and 6:30. If I remember correctly I could choose anytime between 5 and 9pm?

Strange

We made our reservations about 5 weeks ago, we booked 4 restaurants at 6 and 6:30. If I remember correctly I could choose anytime between 5 and 9pm?

OK after reading your post I went back to NCL.com and poked around some more.

All times are available unless you are a party of 6 or 8. Of course we are a party of 8.

Not sure if this is going to be a trend throughout the cruise that we can't be accommodated throughout the cruise because we have a party of 8.

Oh well we'll make the best of it regardless.:)

Bill

OK after reading your post I went back to NCL.com and poked around some more.

All times are available unless you are a party of 6 or 8. Of course we are a party of 8.

Not sure if this is going to be a trend throughout the cruise that we can't be accommodated throughout the cruise because we have a party of 8.

Oh well we'll make the best of it regardless.:)

Bill

yes, we are a group of 6 and the drop-down indicated no availability on the date/restaurant I wanted--I called NCL and they said that when we get on ship we could request two tables of three next to each other at the same time--when you go on line you can only make one reservation (per person) so I cant do two reservations for three people each.

I am sure it will all work out fine, not to worry.

Margo

yes, we are a group of 6 and the drop-down indicated no availability on the date/restaurant I wanted--I called NCL and they said that when we get on ship we could request two tables of three next to each other at the same time--when you go on line you can only make one reservation (per person) so I cant do two reservations for three people each.

I am sure it will all work out fine, not to worry.

Margo

We were going to settle and take the 5:30 time but then I found out they wanted to charge my credit card $160 right away so just going to wait til we board.

Bill

We were going to settle and take the 5:30 time but then I found out they wanted to charge my credit card $160 right away so just going to wait til we board.

Bill

You shouldn't have any trouble finding the place to book your reservations onboard. They usually have a table set up near the entrance to the buffet, and at the main service counter on the seventh deck atrium starboard side.

When we had a group of 11 for Moderno we booked in 3 separate reservations between 6 and 7. We all showed up at 6 and were seated together with no problem. They're pretty flexible and do their best to accommodate.

• 1 month later...
Hi Everyone,

Are you able to cancel or change reservations made and paid for in advance?

Yes, we were very frustrated at the challenges presented in pre-booking our group,of 11. Once onboard we went directly to the dining reservations desk and rearranged our bookings with no problem whatsoever.

thanks for the info. i love french food so was planning to book at least 2 nights at le bistro, but i didn't want to get stuck if we didn't like it there for some reason.

are there a lot of 2 tops in the specialty restaurants , or do they mix couple at larger tables?

Archived