Hotwire info around Hollywood Beach

razzinger

We are still trying to find a good hotel for a precruise night Jan 19, sailing from FLL. Hotwire has a "hot rate" 4 star and by process of elimination it looks like its the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach.

Does it have airport shuttle service? Is there anything to do around the hotel?

Could it be a hotel other than the Crowne Plaza?

Thanks for any help!

Have you checked www.betterbidding.com to see if they cna help you to verify the hotel's identity? :confused:

I do not beleive they offer a hotel shuttle, but you might check the hotel's website. If not check with SAS, QLS and Go Airport Shuttle for shuttle prices to Hollywood - or rent a car (but be careful about parking fees eating into your "savings".:eek:).

Good luck! :)

Razz, I have stayed at this property twice. Nice location, right across the street from Halendale Beach and there is a nice little restarant there to have breakfast and lunch with friendly staff and good prices. Not too far from the Hollywood boardwalk and the Westin Diplomat. There is also a good take out pizza/Italian place next door called Mikes. Bob:)

It could be the Westin Diplomat.

I took a peek on Hotwire, looks like the 4 star for Jan 19 has a 95% recommendation. I know the Crowne Plaza had a little bit lower rating in the past. ..........I have not been following lately to know for sure now though.

As OP said, do some research on betterbidding.

BTW we got the Westin Diplomat through Hotwire and stayed at the end of May. :D

There is not many reasonably priced restaurants etc near these two hotels. But on your Saturday night stay, you will be able to take the Hollywood Trolley for $1 to get to the Broadwalk and downtown Hollywood. ;)

Usually the spa in the amenities is what differentiates the Crowne Plaza from the Diplomat, but that's not always 100% either. And quite often when you get the Diplomat, you get the golf course, although depending on availability may offer you the opportunity to purchase an upgrade to the beach.

We stayed at the CP Hollywood last year, but with a rental car. Parking was $15. We had a nice size room for the 4 of us, and the pool area along the intracoastal is very nice. We had a southern facing room, so we could hear the bells for the lift bridge. Across the road behind the water tower is the Beachside Cafe. Sadly, I only found out about it after our stay, but it seems like a nice, affordable place for breakfast or lunch. They didn't offer port or airport shuttles, so you are looking at about $25-30 each way for that. Frankly, I'm not sure I would stay in the area again for a pre-cruise. There was a lot of talk on here at the time about people getting the Diplomat for outrageously cheap rates, so I kind of got caught up in that hype a bit, and tried for it. At the time, I could have got the Crowne Plaza FLL for about $30 more on Hotwire, and in looking back, I wish I had as we spent more time in that area anyway.

I agree with Dan, that for one night , I wouldn't head to Hollywood. We spent 4 days there after a cruise at the Westin Diplomat, and it was great. But we have been in Ft L quite a few times and wanted a differnt type of stay. And we had lots of time to enjoy the beach area.

But I would never rec that area for one night. The cab fares from the airport and then to the port in the morning will cost you $50 easily. And unless you have the time to spend on the broadwalk, where the Crowne and Westin are located, there arne't many restuarants and stores. A good half to a mile walk or bus ride. It's a busy pretty streeet lined with all condos. If you haven't spent time in Ft., I'd look there and enjoy the city..stay downtown or on the beach and you can walk all over.

We stayed at the Westin Diplomat & Spa in January and it was a terrific hotel, probably the nicest we have ever stayed at....but for one night Hollywood Beach is just a lot of extra effort and expense. For one night and the beach I would look at the Fort Lauderdale beach area.

We stayed at the Westin Diplomat & Spa in January and it was a terrific hotel, probably the nicest we have ever stayed at....but for one night Hollywood Beach is just a lot of extra effort and expense. For one night and the beach I would look at the Fort Lauderdale beach area.

Looks like we should continue searching for a more northern location.

Archived