Shutters questions

Carmenere

How does Shutters work on the Dream? I have been told that you can buy packages and if you do not use them all you can get a refund iis that correct?quote]

If you puchase, say, a 20 credit package for $149. And only wish to purchase, sa,y 3 pictures (individually priced at $19.95), you would be credited back the $149 onto your onboard account and then charged $59.85 for the 3 pictures. Also, if you puchase, say, a 10 credit package (only available precruise, online) and wish to purchase a larger package onboard they will credit the 10 credit price to the purchase price of the larger package.

I've read reports where someone prepurchased a 30 credit package and was unable to "downgrade" to a 20 credit package onboard. So, best answer is, you'll have to ask onboard.

:)

I just got off the Dream yesterday and after looking into buying a package deal prior or just buying the ones we wanted once on baord, we ended up getting the package deal on board.

Being our first time on Disney, my nephews(and I) were going crazy taking pictures with everyone and everywhere. The pictures were all so cute & came out beautifully that we ended up purchasing the "premier package". It was slightly more money than we were figuring to spend but once my mother & I thought about it, this was the best thing for us and not really that much more than what we would have spent on individual pictures. For $299 we got all of the photos the ship took & printed out, which was over 50 photos from Welcome Aboard, to characters, to dinning room, to casual ones in several different posses. These all had dates, borders and/or 'Disney' on them so you know when they were taken. Also, in this package you get a disk of all of the pictures taken, but without any borders, dates, and/or 'Disney" on them. You get the release wavier as well to re-print the photos from the disk. Now my brother & sister-in-law can pick photos they like and print whatever size and quantity they want of the boys and I can have pics to use for holiday cards and all. And FYI, it's $249 just for the disk, so an additaional $50 for all printed photos was a no-brainer for us at least. Hope this helps.

Tina

I just got off the Dream yesterday and after looking into buying a package deal prior or just buying the ones we wanted once on baord, we ended up getting the package deal on board.

Being our first time on Disney, my nephews(and I) were going crazy taking pictures with everyone and everywhere. The pictures were all so cute & came out beautifully that we ended up purchasing the "premier package". It was slightly more money than we were figuring to spend but once my mother & I thought about it, this was the best thing for us and not really that much more than what we would have spent on individual pictures. For $299 we got all of the photos the ship took & printed out, which was over 50 photos from Welcome Aboard, to characters, to dinning room, to casual ones in several different posses. These all had dates, borders and/or 'Disney' on them so you know when they were taken. Also, in this package you get a disk of all of the pictures taken, but without any borders, dates, and/or 'Disney" on them. You get the release wavier as well to re-print the photos from the disk. Now my brother & sister-in-law can pick photos they like and print whatever size and quantity they want of the boys and I can have pics to use for holiday cards and all. And FYI, it's $249 just for the disk, so an additaional $50 for all printed photos was a no-brainer for us at least. Hope this helps.

Tina

Thank you for the photo information! I've wondered about this alot, so your info gives me a budget to plan. Thanks, again!

Tina

I put $200 aside for my photo/scrapbook purchase. Is there a smaller package to purchase (with CD & printing)? The scrapbook & supplies onboard usually run me about $25, so that should leave me $175 for a photo package. I would love to get a CD and also get them printed. Is there a package for around that amount? If so, how many photos did that include? I'm on the Fantasy if that matters.

They did offer a scrap book for $149. If I remember correctly you get to choose whatever pictures you want but are limited to the number of pages and you could not add any more pages. For some reason the number 40 rings a bell to me for the amount of photos in the scrap book. The reason we did not go this route is that the pages are already 'themed' out so if you didn't take any pictures, for whatever reason say at Castaway Cay, any other photo you placed on that page would look out of place. Plus there is no CD with this option.

I am so glad we did what we did.... as I sit at work this weekend I am thinking of all the things I could do with the pictures from the Dream as well as the Dolphin Swim we did at Atlantis(bought package deal #2 that included CD as well here). You can make whatever possible as long as you have the CD & release waver..... In fact I am thinking of doing custom Tervis cups for my nephews with a photo or two from the CDs I have.

Any other questions ask away, I will try to remember with all of the over stimulation I had for the 5 days.

Tina

For Christmas oon the Fantasy this is the first time we will have 6 people and 2 cabins I hope for lots of pictures and if I like them all I will buy the Premier package! I love the photos from the ship! Great for photo albums!

For Christmas on the Fantasy this is the first time we will have 6 people and 2 cabins I hope for lots of pictures and if I like them all I will buy the Premier package! I love the photos from the ship! Great for photo albums!

If you have multiple rooms, can you buy one platinum package or do you have to buy one package per room?

As far as I know, if the families of multiple cabins all take pictures together you should be able to get the picture CD of you guys together. They always scanned our KTTW prior to taking pictures so all the pictures taking in that sitting were assigned to that one cabin. Just keep using the KTTW for the same cabin. And I would think you would be sitting together when you eat at night so I wouldn't think it would be an issue. Just used same cabin KTTW card....

Tina

They did offer a scrap book for $149. If I remember correctly you get to choose whatever pictures you want but are limited to the number of pages and you could not add any more pages. For some reason the number 40 rings a bell to me for the amount of photos in the scrap book. The reason we did not go this route is that the pages are already 'themed' out so if you didn't take any pictures, for whatever reason say at Castaway Cay, any other photo you placed on that page would look out of place. Plus there is no CD with this option.

I am so glad we did what we did.... as I sit at work this weekend I am thinking of all the things I could do with the pictures from the Dream as well as the Dolphin Swim we did at Atlantis(bought package deal #2 that included CD as well here). You can make whatever possible as long as you have the CD & release waver..... In fact I am thinking of doing custom Tervis cups for my nephews with a photo or two from the CDs I have.

Any other questions ask away, I will try to remember with all of the over stimulation I had for the 5 days.

Tina

Thank you for your information. I think what you're thinking of is a photo book where you choose which photos you'd like to be printed into a book for you, correct? The scrapbook that I'm talking about is something totally different. It's basically just a big ole empty photo album type book where I create background papers to adhere my photos to. I always get one whenever I'm on a cruise and they usually run about $25.

I'm wondering if there are different prices for the CD packages? I'd have about $175 to spend on a photo packages, but I'd like to get a CD & have them print all the photos. Just wondering how much it would be and how many photos that would include.

And I think the photographers are out on Castaway Cay, right? Do they ever go over to Serenity Bay? We're thinking of going over there after dropping the boys off at the family beach.

And aside from the photographers that are set up at night in different locations and also the ones on CC, where else might you find them? Do they roam around the ship to take random photos? Like everyone else, I'd like to get my money's worth and get as many photos as I can. I wouldn't want to buy a CD that includes like 50 photos and end up only taking 20, ya know?

Photo packages depend in part on the duration of the sailing.

On the Fantasy, you could buy pictures a la carte or as part of a package.

5x7: $15 per

8x10: $20 per

Packages were either for prints or CD. If you wanted both, you had to pay for both (exception: the top-tier package).

10 photos: $150

20 photos: $250

All photos: $350

All photos in print and on CD: $400

On the Fantasy, we noticed photographers tended to be in the atrium, on the balconies overlooking the atrium, in an open space near the shops (near the atrium - see a theme here?) and on special nights, in the MDRs. On Castaway Cay, photographers were on the walkway near the ship, near Mount Rustmore and near the shops by the rentals. We didn't see any photographers at Serenity Bay.

There wasn't a lot of "random" photography, it was generally associated with some sort of event - but there were a lot of "events."

If you have multiple rooms, can you buy one platinum package or do you have to buy one package per room?

I will find out more but it is 6 months away :( and we will try always using 1 KTWC for everything!

Archived