220 to 110 adapters or converters

Most devices/chargers are both 220/110, so all you really need is an adapter. Some devices are not 220/110, which would need a converter. I have a converter, but it is somewhat bulky, about the size of a juice box.

But, I never use it: rather than take the converter, I just bring a power strip, plug into the 110, and I get 6 plugs. Much easier, more outlets for chargers, and cheap.

Most devices/chargers are both 220/110, so all you really need is an adapter. Some devices are not 220/110, which would need a converter. I have a converter, but it is somewhat bulky, about the size of a juice box.

But, I never use it: rather than take the converter, I just bring a power strip, plug into the 110, and I get 6 plugs. Much easier, more outlets for chargers, and cheap.

Thanks. I found a highly rated adapter on Amazon for less than $5, so I think it'll be worth the gamble. We already bring a power strip for the 110, but with my menagerie of photo and video gear, along with iPods, iPads, CPAP machine, etc, I'm looking for more flexibility without stringing anymore trip wires across the room:D.

L.J.

I bought one similar to this Belkin - 6-Outlet Surge Protector

Model: F9H601ACW SKU: 2730672

last week. The one above is on sale right now for $7.98 including shipping.

Mine was on sale for $10 including shipping, but it also has 2 usb ports for usb recharging-I was worried about that since I was not bring a laptop.

Thanks. I found a highly rated adapter on Amazon for less than $5, so I think it'll be worth the gamble. We already bring a power strip for the 110, but with my menagerie of photo and video gear, along with iPods, iPads, CPAP machine, etc, I'm looking for more flexibility without stringing anymore trip wires across the room:D.

L.J.

Just double check that the "menagerie" can handle 220v.

Archived