Value of The Sanctuary on Alaskan cruises

kitcrazy

So I know that The Sanctuary on Caribbean cruises is pure bliss! But just about to embark on our first Alaskan cruise and wondering whether The Sanctuary would be worth it. Any advice from the regulars?

On my cruises both this month and last summer, I didn't see anyone using the Sanctuary. I personally don't think it's worth it for Alaska trips; it can get fairly cold and windy on deck, and it can vary from hour to hour. There's also not nearly as many people lounging by the other pools as you see in a warm climate, so finding a nice deck chair spot is easier.

So I know that The Sanctuary on Caribbean cruises is pure bliss! But just about to embark on our first Alaskan cruise and wondering whether The Sanctuary would be worth it. Any advice from the regulars?

Personally I think it's to chilling to be used . With cruises you actually spend more time ashore during the day then on board. Evening in Alaska are on the cool side especially when the ship is moving.

Some people might disagree . You can get down right hot days in Alaska as well.

I just got off the Sea Princess last Tue., and the Sanctuary was never used. Now I can't say whether it was used while I was on an excursion of course, but I highly doubt that it was. It was pretty chilly & drizzley :( almost every day.

I would place the value of the Sanctuary in Alaska somewhere around zero. However I have read that the do charge a large dollar for it and it gets some use on the Glacier Bay Day if you are on a Voyage of the Glaciers itinerary out of Vancouver or Whittier.

Thank you everyone! Just found the poll on this subject as well ... apologies for the dupe post.

Glad to see that my instinct was right ... we will not be availing ourselves of the Sanctuary on this trip.

Archived