carnival freedom...adult only pool???

Anyone know if there is an adults only pool on the freedom? I know they have an aft pool on lido but not sure if its adults only. We loved the pool in the serenity area on the legend and we know there isn't a pool in freedoms serenity area.

Also is there a bar in the serenity area on freedom? Thank u!!

Any other fun suggestions or hints for her...we leave on her in less than 2 weeks!

Yes, the aft pool is Adults only, and has a retractable roof.

There is a bar in Serenity area:

P1030798.jpg

As well as a hot tub and shower:

P1030801.jpg

P1030800.jpg

I gave a very detailed picture review of the Freedom in January last year (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1347741) We love the Freedom so much we are sailing her again this winter with a new itinerary.

Edited by mpcaruth

• 3 years later...

I know this thread is old... hoping to revive for some clarity. :)

According to posters here and other places (the "F" word, you tube, etc.) the aft pool is "Adults Only". However, I inquired about this with Carnival and was told the ONLY "Adults Only" are on the Freedom is the Serenity decks and specifically that the aft pool was NOT "Adults Only".

So, has something changed? What makes people say the aft pool is "Adults Only"? Is there a sign (please provide a picture if you can)?

I'm sailing the Freedom in October and will have my 8-year-old daughter with me. Knowing that the aft pool has a retractable roof and the fact that we are traveling in hurricane season, I'd really like to have some definitive evidence about this subject. :D

Thanks in advance!

I was on the Freedom last year. The aft pool and hot tub are adults only. There was a sign saying so. Sorry I didn't take a pic.

However, the rest of the aft area is not. The pizza station is back there along with tables to sit and a bar. All of that is open to everyone. And I can tell you at night, lots of kids are back there getting pizza and sodas from the bar. Only the water stuff is adults only. The Serenity area is a deck or two above and forward.

We were on the Freedom 8 days and the roof stayed closed the entire time btw. Never once was opened. Very nice ship. We all loved it!

I concur with Cruzinisthebest's observations about the aft pool and hot tub being adult only and my addition is that it was enforced by the staff.

On my last Freedom cruise, the roof was opened and closed according to the weather, sometimes several times on one particular rainy day. I have yet to be on a ship where the roof was never opened.

Thanks for the quick responses. The fact the the pool is adult only, but not the area around it (e.g. the pizza counter) makes sense. My daughter will be disappointed (if there is bad weather)... but I completely understand the desire for an adults only pool. There are two other pools for her to enjoy! :D

Again... Thanks for the VERY quick responses and clarity!

I concur with Cruzinisthebest's observations about the aft pool and hot tub being adult only and my addition is that it was enforced by the staff.

On my last Freedom cruise, the roof was opened and closed according to the weather, sometimes several times on one particular rainy day. I have yet to be on a ship where the roof was never opened.

Yes it was enforced. Not that I saw any kid being thrown out, but there seemed to be no problem keeping the pool and hot tub adults only back there.

I was a little bummed that the roof was never retracted. I had never been on a ship with a retractable roof, so I was looking forward to seeing it both ways. They never opened it that I remember. And I wound up being back there alot. I even took a quick nap back there one evening in one of the lounge chairs. Ahhh that was so relaxing! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Very hard to find seating back there on our last cruise. But, we were totally put off when a disabled adult in diapers was taken into the pool by his caretakers and proceeded to have an accident. Poop in the pool, so they had to shut it down, clean it and refill it. The person was back in the pool the next day, so we gave up on the idea of taking a swim on that cruise!

Very hard to find seating back there on our last cruise. But, we were totally put off when a disabled adult in diapers was taken into the pool by his caretakers and proceeded to have an accident. Poop in the pool, so they had to shut it down, clean it and refill it. The person was back in the pool the next day, so we gave up on the idea of taking a swim on that cruise!

That's nasty! And people rail about kids! SMH.