How does it work?

I am looking at upgrading to a balcony cabin on our cruise (from inside).

The best price is "guaranteed" and I have been told that there are no obstructed view balconies on freedom.

I can see that they have 9 balconies left - afts/premium/premium extended.

If I go guarantee will I get one of those? Or if they wait until last minute to tell us our room - and other people upgrade we may get a totally different room not currently shown as available?

Thanks

It will depend on how you booked to begin with. Did you originally book Early Saver? If so, you cannot go to a GT room rate. You can only "upgrade", not "downgrade", even though you'd be "upgrading" so to speak by going to a balcony. It's all about the rate you booked at as to what the rules are.

I thought once I would get one of the cabins showing as available .. nope, the upsell fairy started to call 8 days out .. and I got a basic almost lowest category, which was still fine, but I had hoped to get one of the ones showing available that were a higher category.

If you book any other rate, other than ES, you dont get price drops once past final payment.

Archived