Falklands tours

sharke

Hi STWBS,

You are welcome. I've been here for a year, and not seen a day of fog. The recent 10 days of warm, calm sunshine have changed today to gales.

I would try suggest an earlier transfer, as winds often pick up in the afternoon.

If there is fog, it shouldn't affect the ships or tenders. They all have radar, and the sea will be calm.

Enjoy.

Hi STWBS,

You are welcome. I've been here for a year, and not seen a day of fog. The recent 10 days of warm, calm sunshine have changed today to gales.

I would try suggest an earlier transfer, as winds often pick up in the afternoon.

If there is fog, it shouldn't affect the ships or tenders. They all have radar, and the sea will be calm.

Enjoy.

Thank You! 8:30 it will be. We will be praying for calm seas and fair skies for our port day in the Falklands. In 2006 we could not get in so we are trying again.

I am on the same cruise as Windsor26 and have booked a ship`s tour to see the Sparrow Cove Penguins - it is not the only port that I have booked a penguin tour - the other one is in Punta Arenas - just wondering what you think of the Sparrow Cove for a tour.

Thanks and cheers

Dennis

Dennis, if you haven't seen it, check out post #11 in this thread. There is a link to pictures of both Sparrow Cove in the Falkland Islands (pictures 140-224) and Otway Sound in Punta Arenas (pictures 304-343). We booked the earliest Princess tour to Sparrow Cove so that we would have plenty of time to tender into Stanley. It worked out great as the boat that takes you to Sparrow Cove picks you up from, and drops you off back at the ship. In Punta Arenas, you take a bus to Otway Sound (assume that is where you are going), then you have the option to be dropped off at the town square on the return, which we did. There is a market there with local crafts, sweaters, etc., that surrounds the square. It was then about a 15-20 minute walk from the square back to the dock to catch the tender back to the ship.

Archived