Apology Ltr to Milestone cruisers

satex

She is a customer of Carnival's that is expressing her disappointment on a message board geared for such.

Why you think she shouldn't is the real question.

Whether Linda or anyone else chooses to let this go or not shouldn't bother you. That woman has a lot of CCL cruises under her belt and has been loyal with her pocketbook and her voice for a long time. If you can't understand why she wants her voice heard, then so be it.

You are also failing to see the bigger picture here. This revamping is just the last straw for some. It comes on top of a lot of other changes that have not been all that great and many of these people like Linda, have been defending CCL all along while people like me were making vocal note of the changes.

They have run out of defense......

Those that loved CCL the most are the ones that are hurt the most by it.

Not loving Carnival (anymore) myself, I don't really care...but I can at least understand these people's feelings on the matter.

Ditto! Brilliant! :D

She is a customer of Carnival's that is expressing her disappointment on a message board geared for such.

Whether Linda or anyone else chooses to let this go or not shouldn't bother you. That woman has a lot of CCL cruises under her belt and has been loyal with her pocketbook and her voice for a long time. If you can't understand why she wants her voice heard, then so be it.

You are also failing to see the bigger picture here. This revamping is just the last straw for some. It comes on top of a lot of other changes that have not been all that great and many of these people like Linda, have been defending CCL all along while people like me were making vocal note of the changes.

Not loving Carnival (anymore) myself, I don't really care...but I can at least understand these people's feelings on the matter.

Amen sista...preach on!!! :D

Again, it did not help that all this mess came on the heals of Carnival trying to convince us that they stopped the Fun Farewell Party due to "lack of interest".

I mean really??? Could Carnival have insulted our intelligence any more?????

Apparently....yes....

Agree 100% :)

Again, it did not help that all this mess came on the heals of Carnival trying to convince us that they stopped the Fun Farewell Party due to "lack of interest".

Apparently....yes....

typo... heels....

I personally will always be a fan of Carnival. I am just happy that with the way the economy has been that prices haven't gone up drastically and that they are cutting back on the free stuff first. With the old program I was much closer to reaching platinum status then I am now unfortunately. The thing is though I love cruising and find it to be a very economical way to have an amazing vacation. I would much rather that stay that way then be closer to getting free laundry or gauranteed reservations.

I have read a lot of this post but admittedly not all of it and maybe this has been said already but I am a little confused as to why so many people are upset about the milestone program not translating into a Diamond Reward Level? The milestone program is still in play with the VIFP rewards program and nothing has changed there. The Milestone program was always an added bonus to the actual reward levels and I personally would not have expected that to change now? You still get $25, $75 or $100 credit towards a cruise when you cruise that many times.

There are so many of us out there that are a part of this change over and it is understandable that Carnival had to draw a line in the sand somewhere. I personally still love their prices and service and will continue to be a loyal customer because in the end there cruises are still worth the money to me:)

I am not trying to get on anyones case, I just thought a little positive thinking was in order after seeing so many down folks on here. I am just a glass half full kind of gal:)

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

The Milestone program was always an added bonus to the actual reward levels and I personally would not have expected that to change now? You still get $25, $75 or $100 credit towards a cruise when you cruise that many times.

Not quite accurate info there.

Never the less, comments were made by JH and he assured Milestone members that they would be grandfathered. Being a trusted member of the staff, I would think that the man would know something. Guess it just shows us that even the Senior Cruise Director doesn't know what he is talking about. I also have names of many upper line supervisors with Carnival that stated the same thing (even as late as last night). Bottom line is that it is all about the $$$$.

Of course its about the money! Carnival is a business, in business to make money. I make choices like airlines and vacations based on location and price. Am I loyal to one or another? I fly United on all business trips for the miles, but for personal travel I find the cheapest for most convienient. Point is you have choices. If you dont like the new policy, try another line. It may not be what you want to do, but if it upsets you that much, take action. Complaining on a message board is not action and calling Carnival is not going to get you satisfaction. They will ride the storm of controversy out and move on. The only vote you have is your vacation dollars and choosing to spend them elsewhere. Good luck.

Of course its about the money! Carnival is a business, in business to make money. I make choices like airlines and vacations based on location and price. Am I loyal to one or another? I fly United on all business trips for the miles, but for personal travel I find the cheapest for most convienient. Point is you have choices. If you dont like the new policy, try another line. It may not be what you want to do, but if it upsets you that much, take action. Complaining on a message board is not action and calling Carnival is not going to get you satisfaction. They will ride the storm of controversy out and move on. The only vote you have is your vacation dollars and choosing to spend them elsewhere. Good luck.

Well said, CCL is there to make money and they do what ever it takes to do so. I 've been on 30 cruses with CCL. The only way CCL will change their minds the way they do buisness is if they see a drop in booking as a result of the changes.Complaining and calling Carnival will not do anything to change their minds but hit them in the pocket book then that may wake them up

. . .The Milestone program was always an added bonus to the actual reward levels and I personally would not have expected that to change now? You still get $25, $75 or $100 credit towards a cruise when you cruise that many times. . . .

I'll stand corrected, but I think its 25th - 25%, 50th - 50%, 75th - 75%, 100th - 100% of the cruise fare discounted.

Here is the email I received from Carnival trying to apology to their most loyal cruisers.

Dear Milestone Guest,

I am writing to you to express our sincere apologies for the confusion and disappointment related to how our Milestone Rewards program is incorporated into our new VIFP Club recognition program. A number of our loyal guests who have sailed 25-plus times with Carnival have expressed their disappointment with our decision not to issue Milestone cards to everyone who has reached the 25-plus threshold on every subsequent sailing. Additionally, it has come to our attention that misinformation was provided by several of our call center associates and other Carnival employees related to how the two programs would work together in the future. On behalf of all of us at Carnival, I’m very sorry.

The changes we have announced are designed to make certain that we properly recognize members celebrating their 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th cruise while also improving the recognition elements of the Platinum level by investing more in the elite members’ party, as well as improving the quality of the gifts delivered on each sailing. While I can understand and appreciate the disappointment in no longer receiving a Milestone card, I am confident that when you experience the new elements onboard, you will see that we have taken positive steps to further recognize your value to Carnival.

It is also true that we have changed some of the current benefits, including changes to laundry service and guarantees of dining times and reservations. The changes in the laundry service and dining guarantees are necessary given the growth in the number of Platinum members, and our unwillingness to promise a benefit that we know we cannot always fulfill. While we know thedecision to make these changes has opened us up to some justifiable criticism, we would rather make these modifications to the program now than over-promise and under-deliver on board.

Please be assured, these changes were not made lightly. But our goal is to deliver a consistent, fun and memorable experience to our most loyal guests. We believe these changes will allow us to do just that as well as position us to continue to deliver on that promise well into the future.

Thank you so very much for your loyalty to Carnival. We greatly value your business and I look forward to seeing you on board, enjoying the new VIFP Club benefits very soon.

Sincerely,

James Berra

Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer

Now if you agree with these, then we all wish you happy cruising. However, it your one of thousands that have been deceived by Carnival, I encourage you to contact Carnival Rewards program manager at Carnival Corporate Offices at 800 438 6944

Either we stand up for what is right or we roll over and let Carnival treat their most loyal cruisers like dirt.

My perception is that milestone cruisers under 200 days are upset about not being Diamond. To get your rewards cut back is the slap in the face. Yet Berra continually says what the milestone cruisers are upset about is the white card. Gosh, sometimes I think people get executive positions because they can spin something so well that people actually believe in this new reality. What the milestone cruiser wants is a diamond card with the periodic Milestone benefits as they accrue.

Or, would you be happy with a white card, no matter the rewards?

To say that there is getting to be too many Platinum is a spin when Carnival is slamming lots of gold into platinum by creating a grace period for people to make 10 cruise platinum level, through 2013. Why build up the Platinum ranks? Because people will book cruises they wouldn't have otherwise, maybe? So lets quietly cut back on Platinum rewards (executive speak is recognition elements) to make it cheaper to have more Platinum and aren't we crafty. Crafty is not smart. Should be more ethics taught in the MBA programs.

In my experience there was one med cruise where the ship asked all guests to hold off on laundry, and there would be extended service intervals because of the high number of platinum on board, and there was trouble with a laundry machine. Little did I know the long term solution to this rare situation would be to improve the convenient unlimited laundry reward for Platinum. To read that the hard working crew doesn't get clean skivvies because the piggish Platinum bring dirty laundry onboard in hampers is incredible. When people go from the US to a foreign departure port they will arrive with some dirty laundry. Not rocket science. Is laundry a problem on the short local port cruises? Of course not. In the new improved program, Platinum can't get free laundry on short cruises. What is the benefit of this?

Reminds me of checking into a posh suite at Caesar's Palace with 10 or more nozzles in the 100 square foot glassed in black shower stall, and an olympic size bath tub, with notices on the mirror that we were in the desert and water was precious and how about using your towels over again sport.

I have not sailed 25 times on Carnival, but I have had Platinum for a good while, 146 days, appreciated the laundry and guaranteed dining. Carnival did not plan well for the popularity of ATD and several times I had to call and get my dining preference changed from late dining back to ATD. My PVP always took care of it, guess no more. The customer service folks always said, just go see the Maitre'd when you board, I always said I would have something better to do on my cruise than stand in line in a hot corridor waiting to fix what Carnival screwed up.

To properly apologize you must take personal responsibility for the wrong doing, and show remorse. This letter does neither.

Some say that it would be a mistake to let this determine what cruise lines you honor. Well, I always patronize what is best for me and my family and it is not always Carnival. Sometimes it is Carnival, 15 times so far. The family concept of loyalty does not fit business relationships.

LHP, you and Mr. LHP have done a wonderful job raising up your sons, I enjoy every encounter with the youngest, and hope to see him again someday. Bravo.

My perception is that milestone cruisers under 200 days are upset about not being Diamond. To get your rewards cut back is the slap in the face. Yet Berra continually says what the milestone cruisers are upset about is the white card. Gosh, sometimes I think people get executive positions because they can spin something so well that people actually believe in this new reality. What the milestone cruiser wants is a diamond card with the periodic Milestone benefits as they accrue.

To say that there is getting to be too many Platinum is a spin when Carnival is slamming lots of gold into platinum by creating a grace period for people to make 10 cruise platinum level, through 2013. Why build up the Platinum ranks? Because people will book cruises they wouldn't have otherwise, maybe? So lets quietly cut back on Platinum rewards (executive speak is recognition elements) to make it cheaper to have more Platinum and aren't we crafty. Crafty is not smart. Should be more ethics taught in the MBA programs.

In my experience there was one med cruise where the ship asked all guests to hold off on laundry, and there would be extended service intervals because of the high number of platinum on board, and there was trouble with a laundry machine. Little did I know the long term solution to this rare situation would be to improve the convenient unlimited laundry reward for Platinum. To read that the hard working crew doesn't get clean skivvies because the piggish Platinum bring dirty laundry onboard in hampers is incredible. When people go from the US to a foreign departure port they will arrive with some dirty laundry. Not rocket science. Is laundry a problem on the short local port cruises? Of course not. In the new improved program, Platinum can't get free laundry on short cruises. What is the benefit of this?

Reminds me of checking into a posh suite at Caesar's Palace with 10 or more nozzles in the 100 square foot glassed in black shower stall, and an olympic size bath tub, with notices on the mirror that we were in the desert and water was precious and how about using your towels over again sport.

I have not sailed 25 times on Carnival, but I have had Platinum for a good while, 146 days, appreciated the laundry and guaranteed dining. Carnival did not plan well for the popularity of ATD and several times I had to call and get my dining preference changed from late dining back to ATD. My PVP always took care of it, guess no more. The customer service folks always said, just go see the Maitre'd when you board, I always said I would have something better to do on my cruise than stand in line in a hot corridor waiting to fix what Carnival screwed up.

To properly apologize you must take personal responsibility for the wrong doing, and show remorse. This letter does neither.

Some say that it would be a mistake to let this determine what cruise lines you honor. Well, I always patronize what is best for me and my family and it is not always Carnival. Sometimes it is Carnival, 15 times so far. The family concept of loyalty does not fit business relationships.

LHP, you and Mr. LHP have done a wonderful job raising up your sons, I enjoy every encounter with the youngest, and hope to see him again someday. Bravo.

Nice post :)

Apparently....yes....

Or my personal favorite ..... the complimentary Slot Tournament entry is being replaced by BYGO because they want more participation. :rolleyes:

Well said!

The spin given for cutting the free slot tournament was among the worst ever.

We have 14 cruises under our belts with Carnival but will pretty much stick with RCCL and Celebrity in the future.

Remember what Carnival has positioned themselves as....the "value" cruise brand in the market (like a Fairfield Inn). If you want more amenities, move up to Princess (Courtyard). if you want more than that, maybe move up to Cunard (Marriott). Point here is, Carnival cruises are now based on low cost. With low cost comes fewer amenities. We normally cruise RCCL and are on Carnival next week because of itinerary. If you are that unhappy with not getting laundry service, move to another line.

At the end of the day, those perks are gravy. If the experience is good and you have FUN on vacation with your friends and family, thats all that matters.

Or my personal favorite ..... the complimentary Slot Tournament entry is being replaced by BYGO because they want more participation. :rolleyes:

The true IRONY of the Slot Tournament Competition is IT COSTS CARNIVAL NOTHING. They merely slip the PLATINUMS in with the rest of the paying players. They are merely LOWERING the statistical expectation of winning among the PAYING PLAYERS.:D

Well said!

The spin given for cutting the free slot tournament was among the worst ever.

We have 14 cruises under our belts with Carnival but will pretty much stick with RCCL and Celebrity in the future.

Why do they have to apologize? Does the local supermarket apologize when they stop carrying your favorite brand of laundry detergent?

Remember what Carnival has positioned themselves as....the "value" cruise brand in the market (like a Fairfield Inn). If you want more amenities, move up to Princess (Courtyard). if you want more than that, maybe move up to Cunard (Marriott). Point here is, Carnival cruises are now based on low cost. With low cost comes fewer amenities. We normally cruise RCCL and are on Carnival next week because of itinerary. If you are that unhappy with not getting laundry service, move to another line.

At the end of the day, those perks are gravy. If the experience is good and you have FUN on vacation with your friends and family, thats all that matters.

Well said, thank you:)

Excellent viewpoint. Leaving Carnival, if you enjoy your cruises, over FREE laundry, CHOCOLATE strawberries, or FREE slots is very irrational.

Excellent viewpoint. Leaving Carnival, if you enjoy your cruises, over FREE laundry, CHOCOLATE strawberries, or FREE slots is very irrational.

I would like to know if that is the case for anyone out there who plans on jumping ship. My impression was this was just the last straw...am I wrong??

Is anyone leaving solely because of the new program?

QUOTE]

I want a white card on my 25th cruise and my 50th and 75th and 100th (will probably never make the last two) not at any other time. They are milestones and are the only times that the white card should be used. Should Carnival have made all milestoners Diamond, probably, but I can live with being Platinum until I get the 200 days

Free laundry - never use it

chocolate strawberries - Allergic to Strawberries

Free Slots - Liked that one will most likely not take advantage of the new one

Disappointed with the new program - yes

Lied to or mislead by Carnival - Not me, can say about the perceptions of others

Leaving Carnival because of any of this - No way

I would like to know if that is the case for anyone out there who plans on jumping ship. My impression was this was just the last straw...am I wrong??

Is anyone leaving solely because of the new program?

And if this is the last straw and you have had it, then what? Cruise Carnival again?

Archived