Price changing

kenandteri

Everyday I check the price for our upcoming September 29 cruise and just about everyday it is a different price! The lowest I've seen is still $20 above what we booked, but that was yesterday - today it jumped up $40 more! Same thing happened last week - one day it is low, the next it jumped up $60!!! What's up with that?????

Have Faith. We are leaving on July 29th and over the past 2 weeks, I have managed to get over $1200 in OBC for the 5 rooms for our group that is going. I'm sure yours will drop soon. I get so excited when I get an alert of a price drop! Just means more fun on the house!

I think they change prices at least 4 times a day I read.

If your cruise isnt selling well, I think the model on the computer changes the prices, its not done by hand .. and the price drops if they want to book more fast, then it goes right back up in price.

Have Faith. We are leaving on July 29th and over the past 2 weeks, I have managed to get over $1200 in OBC for the 5 rooms for our group that is going. I'm sure yours will drop soon. I get so excited when I get an alert of a price drop! Just means more fun on the house!

and who gives the alerts now? havent seen any lately.

google for the website. I'm not sure we're allowed to post it here, but if you google about cruise rate changes, I'm sure you'll find it near the top of the google listing.... its a bit 'fishy' but I'm sure you'll find it.

Mine hasn't really changed much. It was the exact same price everyday (sometimes twice a day) when I checked it while ES was still an option. Now it's been the exact same price since ES went away (aside from the Memorial Day sale that offered $100 OBC). Whether I check it once or multiple times a day I haven't see a change and I've double checked the website and there are still quite a lot of rooms left in our specific category of 8K. I'll keep checking though. We aren't leaving until September either so I've got my fingers crossed!

Yea I think once you get around final payment date, the prices start changing more often and more up and down. A year out its rare for me to get a price drop .. though it has happened.

The new ships seem to start high and then drop. Breeze probably will follow the same pattern of Dream and now Magic.

I got 7 price changes within 3 1/2 weeks for our July 1 sailing. That was during the Spring into Summer Sale and Memorial Sale. I don't expect anymore because the ship is sold out for any rooms for 3 or 4 passengers. In fact I think they only have a couple left for 2 pax cabins in OV and Interior, and the interiors are going for the price I paid for a balcony for 3.

Everyday I check the price for our upcoming September 29 cruise and just about everyday it is a different price! The lowest I've seen is still $20 above what we booked, but that was yesterday - today it jumped up $40 more! Same thing happened last week - one day it is low, the next it jumped up $60!!! What's up with that?????

supply and demand will cause pricing to change as they strive to maximize their revenue.

Archived