bike rental

WASUP

We decided to buy a bike in Alaska at a local Walmart...we are doing a land tour and we are wanting to rent bikes, but the weekly fees are 150- 200 a week to rent one bike, so we decided to buy one when we get there...after we are done with the bike, we hope to donate it...does anyone know of a place that we could call to take the bike from us, or we can deliver it?

Hate to see the bike not used

Thanks

I don't know where you are going to be when you ride, but a native American reservation would surely find a deserving home for it (Anchorage, Ketchikan, Sitka all have those close by.)

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable can respond. . .

Maybe if you do a separate post "where to donate bike in AK" more people will read it that may have an idea. I think with the heading "bike rental" anyone not thinking of biking wouldn't read the post. I just thought you might get answers from the more knowledgeable Alaskans on the board that way.

It is a great idea! Money-saving for you, and good for a local charity also.

I will do that...thanks...I have to give credit to hubby....I was calling and emailing about bike rentals and then BOOM he had a brain upload and he said "buy a bike", at first I was like, I cannot take it back to where we leave and he said SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....I agreed...

Thanks

Archived