Seward activities/timeline question Sealife center? Exit Glacier?

azguy

Hello,

We arrive in Seward on the train at 11:05am. We figure we will need some time to check in, get settled, etc., then do some stuff that afternoon.

The next day we are booked with Major Marine tours at 10:45am for an all day cruise.

On this first day, we are wondering if we should try to do the Alaska Sealife Center and/or do Exit Glacier. We understand Exit Glacier has a free ranger led tour at 3:00pm.

QUESTION: Is the Sealife center worth doing and can we do that and Exit Glacier in one afternoon?

The day after our cruise we head from Seward to Whittier to leave on our cruise. I guess we could hit something that morning but we're really eager to get to Whittier for the cruise and getting on board.

Any other suggestions other than the Sealife Center, Major Marine tour, and Exit Glacier? Thanks.

Most certainly yes you can easily do Exit Glacier and the Sea life center in a single day. I would do Exit first then the Sealife center. Be certain to consult your wife's MD on approved seasickness prevention. Frankly, I would not recommend going with any. I see sick passengers EVERY TRIP. And it's a very long endless time on board with no way out.

Just to note - the ranger led walks at Exit Glacier are scheduled for 10am, 2pm and 4pm this season. GlacierLady confirmed these times with one of the rangers for me.

Archived