Air connection time in Frankfurt

chaswill

We just got our oceania air for an upcoming cruise and on our return trip home we leave Lisbon on a Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt using Portugese air and connect to a Lufthansa flight using United to San Francisco. My concern is that we only have one hour and 15 minutes to get from one gate to the other. Does anyone know if all Lufthansa flights leave out of the same terminal in Frankfurt? If we have to change terminals, we may miss our connection. Oceania says that we will be in the same terminal, but I'm not sure I can trust what they say. Has anyone been in a similar situation in the past and know what to expect? Thanks for your comments.

We just got our oceania air for an upcoming cruise and on our return trip home we leave Lisbon on a Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt using Portugese air and connect to a Lufthansa flight using United to San Francisco. My concern is that we only have one hour and 15 minutes to get from one gate to the other. Does anyone know if all Lufthansa flights leave out of the same terminal in Frankfurt? If we have to change terminals, we may miss our connection. Oceania says that we will be in the same terminal, but I'm not sure I can trust what they say. Has anyone been in a similar situation in the past and know what to expect? Thanks for your comments.

Just retuned from Hanover Frankfurt Vancouver. The Hanover flight parked on the tarma and we were bussed to the domestic terminal. Long walk to overseas terminal. 75 minutes is a stretch. It's possible they wold expedite transfer or hold the other flight but wouldn't count on it.

Having changed in Frankfurt airport many times my answer would be NO! You will have to go through security again and it may be a very long walk aside from the fact that your fliight may be latre.

Have you thought of calling Lufthansa and asking your question.

to us, a huge and confusing airport...with very poor signage...we actually took a wrong turn and ended up outside the airport and had to start all over again to get back inside!!

As suggested the airline should be able to help you..if not I have googled info like that and gotten answers that way rre which airline is in which terminal...google the airport itself. LuAnn

One hour 15 minutes IS NOT ENOUGH time. It is a legal connection but if anything would happen on the front end you would miss your connect. Two hours is ok - two and a half would be much safer.

I could not agree more. I had a 90 minute connection and just made it. Very stressful experience. Frankfurt is a monster of an airport. You could get lucky and have only a short distance between gates, but if you can make flight arrangements with a longer connection time do it.

We had a 90 minute connection time and if the second flight had not been late we would not have made it. You have to clear security again which takes forever (at least it seemed so because we were worried about missing our flight) and the signage is terrible. We missed our gate several times as it was so poorly marked.

Both Portugal and Germany are EU countries, so both of those flights would be DOMESTIC, and will almost certainly depart from the same terminal.

115955.jpg

The airline will tell you that you have plenty of time to make the transfer, but if you don't feel comfortable, then by all means ask to be rescheduled.

Make sure, however, that your new reservation is in place BEFORE the old one is cancelled; you may prefer the rushed layover to a VERY long one ;) .

Archived