OBC Promotions/price change

JMHappy

I am NOT happy with Celebrity. I thoroughly discussed my reservation with my cruise consultant on Monday night, and made my reservation for a TA in October. She assured me that any OBC or price changes would be able to be applied. Today we get an e-mail of the sale and OBC. I called Celebrity and they will not adjust for the changes.

I could understand if I had booked some time ago....but less than 48 hours...REALLY!

Does any company have INTEGRITY.

I am Elite....guess that means NOTHING!

I'm very frustrated....any suggestions?

I'm considering cancelling the reservation and going to RCCL....I am Diamond Plus there and they have been more accommodating in the past.

JMHappy - NOT VERY HAPPY TONIGHT!

I am NOT happy with Celebrity. I thoroughly discussed my reservation with my cruise consultant on Monday night, and made my reservation for a TA in October. She assured me that any OBC or price changes would be able to be applied. Today we get an e-mail of the sale and OBC. I called Celebrity and they will not adjust for the changes.

I could understand if I had booked some time ago....but less than 48 hours...REALLY!

I'm considering cancelling the reservation and going to RCCL....I am Diamond Plus there and they have been more accommodating in the past.

I'm certainly no cruise expert, but can't you just cancel & rebook for the adjusted price & OBC? My understanding you can do this up until your final payment. I booked a 12 night Med cruise all the way back in April & they did this for me today no problem. Sorry to hear your having a hard time.

I'm certainly no cruise expert, but can't you just cancel & rebook for the adjusted price & OBC? My understanding you can do this up until your final payment. I booked a 12 night Med cruise all the way back in April & they did this for me today no problem. Sorry to hear your having a hard time.

There's dislaimers on some deals that you cannot cancel and rebook. Many are now for new bookings only.

I thought you could cancel your cruise without penalty 75 days out? How can they refuse to cancel your reservation?!

You can cancel, but you cannot then rebook a new-booking-only promotion. RCI also has same policy, so would not make sense for OP to cancel one RCCL brand and switch to another because they are unhappy over a policy both brands share. It is frustrating when this happens, but if everyone received the best deal, the cruise lines would be belly up.

I tired to do that and they refused! I'm bummed....

You can cancel any Celebrity booking any time you elect. There may be cancelation penalties charges but that’s your choice. You can always book a cruise on another cruise line of your liking if you are unhappy with Celebrity’s policies. However it turns out don’t let your “bummed out” feelings stand in the way of having a fantastic cruise

I am not sure this trick will work, consult your TA. I guess you are booked with your spouse. The idea is: make a new reservation for a new family member (son, uncle,..,) and yourself, and cancel your original one. Wait a month and then replace your new family member with your spouse.

I am not sure this trick will work, consult your TA. I guess you are booked with your spouse. The idea is: make a new reservation for a new family member (son, uncle,..,) and yourself, and cancel your original one. Wait a month and then replace your new family member with your spouse.

Don't post such ideas on CC - Celebrity read this site.

I called my TA on Tuesday night at 7:00 pm, put two cabins on courtesy hold without paying. The next day I received the email from Celebrity regarding the OBC and they still would not give it to us. It was not even a 24 hour span of time. It's not the $100 it's the point.....

I called my TA on Tuesday night at 7:00 pm, put two cabins on courtesy hold without paying. The next day I received the email from Celebrity regarding the OBC and they still would not give it to us. It was not even a 24 hour span of time. It's not the $100 it's the point.....

I apologize, but I'm confused.

A courtesy hold is not a booking. Not sure why your TA wouldn't just cancel the hold and then create a new booking.

I am wondering if this is a TA problem and not Celebrity.

Just saying...

Judy

So sorry for this frustrating situation...IMHO sometimes it's up to the TA and if you're direct with X they may not be able to work with you?:rolleyes:

Had a similar situation a few months ago...happy hour sale that I couldn't get into but 3 days later another sale that my TA was able to get for me...;)

They are suppose to have a 48 hour price protection.

I apologize, but I'm confused.

A courtesy hold is not a booking. Not sure why your TA wouldn't just cancel the hold and then create a new booking.

I am wondering if this is a TA problem and not Celebrity.

Just saying...

Judy

Yes, putting a hold starts the clock ticking. I found that out the hard way. However, Celebrity has a 48 price guarantee posted on their web, but I think the 48 hours may start at the time of the hold.

Yes, putting a hold starts the clock ticking. I found that out the hard way. However, Celebrity has a 48 price guarantee posted on their web, but I think the 48 hours may start at the time of the hold.

After talking to 3 Celebrity employees, the final one in the Resolution (?) department and getting my TA to call, they actually gave us the credit. A lot of work for $200......... I guess you just have to talk to the right person.

I must thank JMHappy as I would never haver pursued it if I had not read this thread. Thanks!!

After multiple calls....I have had no luck. Celebrity is saying that the 48 hour guarantee does not include "promotions".

I am very discouraged with the way this was handled but I have resolved myself to "let it go".

JMHappy

Many times the so called deals are not really what they appear to be. I have seen where OBC have been offered but the prices of the cabins have been increased to absorb the price.

If you used a future cruise certificate and cancel you will lose that deposit. You have to transfer it to another cruise to save it, but then it isn't considered a new booking so you won't get those promos either.

If it upsets you so much the best thing to do is to cancel and book something different because the situation will set the tone for the whole cruise and you won't be happy.

Archived