Has anyone ever requested Gluten Free Meals onboard?

Ykgorbie

Thank you everyone for your help.

And yes, D4m it is overwhelming. It's only been 10 days, so I'm still very much learning. But wow, do I ever feel better - I am blown away by the difference. Now to only find some bread I like. I did find some bisquit mix that, if I put enough spices in, taste not too bad. Can't seem to find any bread I'm crazy over though. It helps I guess that I like veggies, salad and fruit, so it will just be an adjustment that will take some time.

Have to agree that Udi's is one of the best breads out there! I was diagnosed with CD 6 years ago and have been through my fair share of so called bread.....Also very good (you may have to order online though) is Kinnikinnick's new Multigrain bread is AMAZING.

You'll have a blast on your cruise and Carnival will take great care of you and your g/f needs. I cruised 2 months after being diagnosed and was very nervous. It was easy then and has only gotten better since. ;)

Carnival caters to my GF needs better than any restaurant I have ever been in! My son is GF too and was a little skeptical about having the hostess come over to him each night...but he fell madly in love with her and ate like a King all week.

I bring Udi's hamburger rolls, hotdog rolls and white sandwich bread on board with me so that my son and I can enjoy the outside grill and deli. I just put it in my carry on. I usually keep it frozen at home but it will last for the duration of the cruise unfrozen. I just throw out whatever is not eaten at the end of the cruise. I will be bringing GF icecream cones this time!

Rumor has it you can bring on GF beer as well since they do not offer it, I have not ever done that but I guess it would be worth asking if you like beer.

Happy Cruising!

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to read all the posts about sailing gluten-free. I worry for my son. Sailing on the Magic in Aug. Disney was very nice and emailed and phoned me to address all of my concerns about food.

Did the Norweigan Jewel in 2010 and they were very good about gluten-free also. They emailed me a list of products that they would use that week. The list contained the brands/companys for flours, pastas, cookies, waffles, etc.

Thank you everyone for your help.

And yes, D4m it is overwhelming. It's only been 10 days, so I'm still very much learning. But wow, do I ever feel better - I am blown away by the difference. Now to only find some bread I like. I did find some bisquit mix that, if I put enough spices in, taste not too bad. Can't seem to find any bread I'm crazy over though. It helps I guess that I like veggies, salad and fruit, so it will just be an adjustment that will take some time.

Check out Udi's bread. They make the closest things I've ever had to real bread. They also have raisin bread, muffins, brownies, and amazing cookies. I think you'll like them.

Has anyone actually tried the gluten free pizza on board or the new dominos gf pizza? I'm afraid it will be like most of the breads and crackers. But as a newbie did just try unis and like it!

Can't wait until gf on the label does not mean 5x the price. Want to try those pretzels but not spending 7 bucks. Thank god I found utz gf chips in a fix. Just have to import them or eat cape cod chops.

Check out Udi's bread. They make the closest things I've ever had to real bread. They also have raisin bread, muffins, brownies, and amazing cookies. I think you'll like them.

Thanks ! I have now tried Udi's bread and it IS very good. Love their chocolate muffins too !

I am feeling reassured about being able to follow the g.f. thing onboard too. Glad Carnival is willing to help out in that area.

Archived