Princess Dropping Acapulco through Spring 2013

azbirdmom

We didn't stay in Acapulco overnight, just flew in that morning, took the Princess bus directly to the ship. That was a 'very interesting' but ride. At almost every intersection we saw heavy policy force wearing riot gear, and carrying very large weapons, I have no idea what they were, but kind of frightening. Some would say that it's good since there's lots of police presence, but why do they need such heavy policy security.

You can feel well protected in Cabo also (as shown below).

2318991970016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

Our Panama Canal cruise a couple years ago started from Acapulco. I didn't feel unsafe there. However, on the other hand, I wasn't impressed with Acapulco either.

Being a Bay Area resident, a cruise starting from a California port is more convenient than from Acapulco anyway.

As a Mexican resident, I agree that Princess should drop Acapulco. Not because of crime but

because it is a lousy port to visit. Puerta Vallarta, Huatulco, Manzanillo, etc are much better

ports. all are very safe. Ensenada is a very good port but not good for a few hours.

There is great music, culture, vineyards. But it takes a long day to enjoy it all.

I visit the vineyards in Ensenada about twice a month. Excellent wine and food.

Greg

Archived