Gift for cruise addict?

aldaffodil

My mom's birthday is coming up and, like me, she's addicted to cruising. Anybody have any clever gift ideas for a cruiser? She's not a big drinker or I'd go the rum runners route. And don't really want to give her a gift certificate.. She's got money. I want to give her something she doesn't have...or has never seen. Thanks for your input!!

Hi,

How about a new tote bag with a few items? One of the coolest things I now have are chair clips called Boca clips. I found them at Walmart. Mine are two little pink flamingos and bought hubby a couple of little fish. They clip on the towel to prevent it from slipping. They are showing up on chairs now and are quite expensive on the islands.

You might also put in sunscreen for the face, chapstick, highlighters (for marking those daily activities) and a cool pair of small binoculars. You can be creative with items that you purchase for the tote. I also like pistachios so I find small bags of those when I cruise. Does she like crossword puzzles? Small books are great for those bags.

Some people like lanyards for the room card. You can find some pretty beaded ones or if you are creative, make a couple for her. I am sure she would love those.

Another thing I loved having was a small cloth case for my sunglasses and another for my reading glasses. I sew and making these was quick and easy.

Just some ideas that I thought I would share. I am sure whatever you find for her will be welcomed.

A world map showing every place where she´s cruised.

Personalised sleep mask for those long flights

Personalised note book for those cruise jottings

Business type cards to give to people she meets, with photo, email add and a spare line so she can add the relevant cruise

Personalised cruise style book mark if she doesn´t use a Kindle

Charm bracelet with cruisey things

Spare camera battery and camera card

I´m using the word personalised, really to indicate an ordinary item, that you altered, added to or had someone do this for you so it´s unique for her, not just added her name on, sorry not explained very well, but I´m sure you know what I mean

Sandy in Spain

• 3 weeks later...

Serendipity.com sells the best item for cruising - - clear plastic cabin luggage tags; perfect size. Attach to your luggage before the flight or drive. They are sturdy & water proof, cheap and we love ours. We've given them to all our family & friends going on a cruise. When one bag got lost by the airline, they saw the tag with our cruise info, and got our bag to the pier right before we sailed!

Archived