Carnival Breeze Inaugural - review with pictures...

agavin

In the interest in not having to cut and paste my travel blog back to here, it's posted in its normal form below... for anyone who would like to read it, by all means...

http://www.travelblog.org/Europe/Spain/Catalonia/Barcelona/blog-724764.html

Please keep in mind it's my personal travel blog and it's not centered completely on the ship itself (so it includes the ports etc)... but I'm happy to try and answer any questions, and I have the Fun Times from our sailing if there's something pressing (but please don't ask me to scan them all and send them to you... surely someone has them up online somewhere already)....

and my writing style is not for everyone... you've been warned :)

A few cruise-specific thoughts that didn't make the blog...

- John and Calvyn were fine and pretty funny together. I didn't go to any of the shows, but they were out and about around the ship, and I didn't find John's announcements annoying or anything.

- The ship has yellow carpets... yellow carpets get dirty fast... maybe not a great idea. I feel bad for the folks that have to clean them.

- The new decor is awesome... I love how "not-as-busy" the ship is... it will be a great fit in the Caribbean for sure, where the sailings aren't so port intensive.

- The gave us some "inaugural season" gifts - a book and a mug per stateroom, and a pin for each person.

If I think of anything else, I'll come back and add it in later... I'm all typed out for now :)

In the interest in not having to cut and paste my travel blog back to here, it's posted in its normal form below... for anyone who would like to read it, by all means...

http://www.travelblog.org/Europe/Spain/Catalonia/Barcelona/blog-724764.html

Please keep in mind it's my personal travel blog and it's not centered completely on the ship itself (so it includes the ports etc)... but I'm happy to try and answer any questions, and I have the Fun Times from our sailing if there's something pressing (but please don't ask me to scan them all and send them to you... surely someone has them up online somewhere already)....

and my writing style is not for everyone... you've been warned :)

A few cruise-specific thoughts that didn't make the blog...

- John and Calvyn were fine and pretty funny together. I didn't go to any of the shows, but they were out and about around the ship, and I didn't find John's announcements annoying or anything.

- The ship has yellow carpets... yellow carpets get dirty fast... maybe not a great idea. I feel bad for the folks that have to clean them.

- The new decor is awesome... I love how "not-as-busy" the ship is... it will be a great fit in the Caribbean for sure, where the sailings aren't so port intensive.

- The gave us some "inaugural season" gifts - a book and a mug per stateroom, and a pin for each person.

If I think of anything else, I'll come back and add it in later... I'm all typed out for now :)

Thanks for the review, going to read it now!

Loved it! Who did you book your private excursions through?

Thanks!

Greece - PrivateGreeceExcursions

Turkey - Ephesus Shuttle

Sicily - Sicily Life

Olbia - Sardinian Discovery

Livorno - Papillon Service

...Would you mind sharing what kind of camera you used?

I shoot with a Sony a700

Interesting travelogue and breathless style of writing. Enjoyed the pictures of the Euro-countryside and the local food! Glad to see I'm not the only one unswayed by the hype over Guy's. We're boarding the Breeze in November. Will be sure to remember to take a photo or two of the carpet.:p Thanks for sharing.

Archived