HELP! transport for Anchorage to Seward

flbeachmom

My daughters 18 year old friend is joining us last min (due to a cancelation with another member of our family) on a AK RCCL cruise leaving on a Friday. We will be in Seward when she flies into Anchorage Thursday afternoon. I am looking for an option for her to get to Seward. The train leaves early and the motor coach service I looked at is not available on Thur. She is 18 and I don't want her to spend the night alone in ANC. Any ideas ?? I hate to have to rent a car and pick her up as we have a tour set up for Thursday ourselves..

Sorry no one in "the know" has posted on this for you yet. Hopefully they will soon! Have you tried contacting a limo service? Even a taxi service? I'm sure this would be quite expensive, but then, so is renting a car in the area - and you won't have to miss your excursion :o

What time in the afternoon does she arrive?

Park Connection Bus leave Anchorage for Seward at 3pm www.alaskacoach.com

Or Seward Buslines leaves at 2:30p

Google Anchorage to Seward transportation for other options.

Or if a transfer to Whittier works better, it might be easier for you to pick her up there since it's an hour closer than Anchorage.

thank you, I am waiting on a call back from the motor coach co now. I do believe they pick up at Anchorage Museum in the afternoon. Hoping they do that on Thursdays. I had to look at a few Co until i found one that may leave on Thursday. Fingers crossed. If not private car may be only option.

I know you'd like to be with her immediately, but here's another option. We stayed at the Anchorage Grand Hotel. It is literally about 200 feet just up the hill from the train station. Very safe neighborhood - we got there by cab from the airport. It took about 4 minutes to walk down to the train station from the hotel, and there were a few other people walking down the hill as well. The night before, we walked around the neighborhood to get dinner - totally safe and full of lots of tourists. Because our bodies were still on NY time, it was no problem getting up early to make the early train. Once she's on the train, she'll be completely safe - no way to get off the train.

My daughters 18 year old friend is joining us last min (due to a cancelation with another member of our family) on a AK RCCL cruise leaving on a Friday. We will be in Seward when she flies into Anchorage Thursday afternoon. I am looking for an option for her to get to Seward. The train leaves early and the motor coach service I looked at is not available on Thur. She is 18 and I don't want her to spend the night alone in ANC. Any ideas ?? I hate to have to rent a car and pick her up as we have a tour set up for Thursday ourselves..

What time does your daughter's friend arrive in ANC on Thursday? That would help a bit with advise on travel arrangements. Does the cruiseline have any suggestions for the options available? Keep us updated please and let us know what you have found out.

• 2 months later...

Archived