Annoying Website Glitch

Ive never had a problem with the website until recently but boy is this annoying. I was helping my brother sign up for a C&A number and after I signed him up somehow it transfered my entire online account into his name with his number attached to it ... I called and they told me it was a known glitch but they couldn't fix it and just make a new one. Now I can access my reservations but I cant make a payment or look at any of the financials online because I am not the "owner" of the reservation anymore ... not the end of the world but inconvenient to have to call to make payments now :(

There are a few glitches all related to the use of your 'My Cruises' account.

I recently spoke to RCI and they are aware of problems that have arisen since the upgrades last year when Crown & Anchor info was linked and you can see your level, points etc.

Basically if you are logged into your 'My Cruises' account and try and place a courtesy hold, then when it apparently populates the passenger info, even though it shows your dates of birth, in the background it does pass them though and so the booking system will give you an error that at least one of the passengers must be over the age of 21! It looks obvious that you are over 21 (unless you're not!) as your dates of birth are displayed but to the booking system it has no dates.

Also once you have tried this, and you go back to look at another cruise, the system will not display any prices and will say that the information is not available and try later.

Therefore, the only way to place a courtesy hold, or get prices for a cruise, or actually book online and get the 5% discount is to log out of your 'My Cruises' account, do what you want to do and then Log back into your account.

When you see the message 'don't see your reservation' follow the link, locate your reservation using the information like booking reference, name, ship and sail date and when your reservation is displayed, make sure you select the option to become the booking 'Owner' (it will give you a message that the booking doesn't have an Owner and do you want to be the owner) and then you will see it in your bookings and be able to access and maintain it as normal.

Bit long winded, but it is the only way to book a cruise online using the RCI UK site.

Jessica ... the same thing happened to us!! The funny thing is that I was setting up an account for one of my sons. His account is now showing him as Diamond status. He's only been on one cruise!

I agree, the RCI website has had a lot of problems lately as posted above. Every time I have called to ask about it, they tell me that they are doing maintenance or updating or that the site will be down for at least 9 hours!!

[quote name=peteukmcr;34259923

Therefore' date=' the only way to place a courtesy hold, or get prices for a cruise, or actually book online and get the 5% discount [/quote]

I never knew you could get a 5% discount booking online. Is that for everyone?

I never knew you could get a 5% discount booking online. Is that for everyone?
We can get a 5% online discount here in the UK, is this not available in the US? If you book direct with RCI UK via phone here you obviously don't get the discount but they will give you the equivalent in OBC.

We can get a 5% online discount here in the UK, is this not available in the US? If you book direct with RCI UK via phone here you obviously don't get the discount but they will give you the equivalent in OBC.

Nope, not available in the US that I am aware and I have booked all but one royal cruise directly through them. I'll let the UK have that bonus ;)

Archived