Booked my first NCL cruise

Vitality08

I just booked my first NCL cruise on the Sky for next February. This will be my 4th cruise, but of course first on NCL. My biggest concern is that I'm traveling solo and with the freestyle concept I won't have assigned table mates for dinner.

I really wanted to give NCL a try so I figure a short birthday cruise is as good a time as any.

Any suggestions or opinions?

Join the roll call for your cruise. With a good roll call you will already have "friends" on the ship before you even step foot on board. My very first cruise was solo with NCL and I never had to feel lonely or awkward at meal time. It's going to be ok...you wait and see. But really, go join that roll call if you haven't already done it.

Join the roll call for your cruise. With a good roll call you will already have "friends" on the ship before you even step foot on board. My very first cruise was solo with NCL and I never had to feel lonely or awkward at meal time. It's going to be ok...you wait and see. But really, go join that roll call if you haven't already done it.

right now the roll call is me and one other person. I've been checking though. It'll probably pick up in a few months. I'm assuming since this is a short cruise, many people don't book this far in advance.

I'm going on my first Epic cruise on 12 August and am also going solo. I am in one of the Studio staterooms and there is a "Living Room" for the Studios where solos can gather, there's quite a bit of info on here about it but I would be hard pushed to point you in the direction of that, I've read so many threads on here over the last couple of days!!

The Living Room is normally by keycard access for those in Studios, but I believe there is a slot early evening when other solos from around the ship can join for a get together in there. So you might be able to meet people to have dinner with there. Hope that helps.

I'm going on my first Epic cruise on 12 August and am also going solo. I am in one of the Studio staterooms and there is a "Living Room" for the Studios where solos can gather, there's quite a bit of info on here about it but I would be hard pushed to point you in the direction of that, I've read so many threads on here over the last couple of days!!

The Living Room is normally by keycard access for those in Studios, but I believe there is a slot early evening when other solos from around the ship can join for a get together in there. So you might be able to meet people to have dinner with there. Hope that helps.

I do eventually plan on sailing the Epic and the Breakaway which have the studios. The living area and planned socials sound interesting to me.

I just booked my first NCL cruise on the Sky for next February. This will be my 4th cruise, but of course first on NCL. My biggest concern is that I'm traveling solo and with the freestyle concept I won't have assigned table mates for dinner.

I really wanted to give NCL a try so I figure a short birthday cruise is as good a time as any.

Any suggestions or opinions?

The Sky is a great ship. There will be opportunities to meet others in activities like the Sailing Solo Mix and Mingle. Just check the daily guide for what is happening. I have found the roll calls to be pretty much non existent for my two Sky cruises.

Your roll call will grow as you get closer to the sailing time. It usually starts to grow pretty good about 2 months out. And that's a great suggestion, to join the roll call.

As others have said, you won't have any problem finding 1-3 people or more to share a table with if you desire.

Have fun and enjoy your cruise. We love NCL!!

Archived