Owner's Suite

Avril

I was just wondering, how do I ask for (the price/availability) of the owners suites (I think they're on the Sports Deck overlooking the Lido) on the Fantasy Class? I would love to bring my boyfriend on his 1st Carnival cruise (we're planning on taking his DD with us on our 1st cruise together on DCL -she's 8) on the 1st ship I sailed on but in the best cabin (I want to show Carnival at it's best since I'm so unhappy with them at the moment but, on the other hand, can't wait to come back when they have things the way they should be). I love Carnival, but with what they're doing with dining (and I mean the food and choices, not the dining style/times - I love my table mates/waiters), entertainment (I'm happy with everythng except the Lido band or lack thereof I want a live band playing island style music, the last ship I was on that had a live band was the Freedom (my fav ship) and they seemed to think we were at a Rolling Stones (or a band similar) concert. Not what I want to hear by the pool deck on sea days.

Anyway, ssssoooo sorry for my rant, no flaming please, just had to get it out. So, how do I ask for the Owner's Suite (or whatever they're called on the Sport's Deck) on the Fantasy Class (specifically the Imagination)?

Sent from my iPad

I would presume that you just contact your PVP and ask. I was offered the Owner's Suite once by the upsell fairy. I had already payed around $1000pp for a Grand Suite and they wanted an additional $1000. $3000 total for a 4 day cruise - nahhhhhh. Had it been a longer cruise (7 day) I would have considered it.

So, how do I ask for the Owner's Suite

As far as I know you don't. The only way those two suites can be booked is if you get a call from the 'upsell fairy'. At least that is the way it has been.

We had S1 on the Inspiration in April of 2010 - fabulous room. I believe they actually were originally intended to be Owner's Suites and thus not on the deck plan, back in the days when Carnival only had Fantasy Class ships. Probably why they cancelled the suites on the last two ships in the class. By that point things had changed considerably for CCL.

I think that originally there were kitchens in the side of the hallway as you enter each of the the suites. Also, there is a connecting door between the two suites - that would make for a great party room!

Kevin C

Why come on here, complain about Carnival when they are booked on DCL?

They may be booked on DCL but are looking to book a Carnival cruise in an Owner's suite for a future booking and they are Platinum so they have cruised Carnival in the past, what does this have to do with Disney anyway?

They may be booked on DCL but are looking to book a Carnival cruise in an Owner's suite for a future booking and they are Platinum so they have cruised Carnival in the past, what does this have to do with Disney anyway?

read the post

If they were interested in booking an Owner's suite on a Carnival cruise and wanted info, that would be great.

But as the OPer states, they started off with a(nother) Carnival rant. Why include this rant if want you want is Owner suite information?

read the post

you may be right, it is a bit confusing on how she words the whole thing and after reading her last review doesn't make sense since she had a good review, a lot of the critics are followers and just will follow where the theme seems to be running..... :rolleyes:

you may be right, it is a bit confusing on how she words the whole thing and after reading her last review doesn't make sense since she had a good review, a lot of the critics are followers and just will follow where the theme seems to be running..... :rolleyes:

I didn't mean to sound snippy, but I read what I read, and now you read it too. It didn't make sense to go on a rant about the food while booked on another ship. If she got the OS on DCL, she'll know how to get it on CCL. It was a crazy post.

Okay, back to OP's original question - I think you can call your PVP/TA to see how to book it. They won't make you wait for the upsell fairy, but you may end up paying a significant premium. We ended up going with the upsell fairy's offer of $500 pp on a 7-day cruise; it's a wonderful cabin, but I'm not sure I'd pay that for a shorter cruise.

Last August, on the Ecstasy, we were offered both owners suites, after we had booked two grand suites. We paid $4000 more, but we're a group of wild and crazy women, and we loved the 2200 square feet and windows looking down on the Lido pool. We really enjoyed the special treatment at embarkation and disembarkation - felt like rock stars ;)

Their price for an upgrade to a suite seems a bit overdone to me. Two years ago we were booked in a mini-suite on NCL Jade for a 16 day Mediterranean cruise. We were offered an upgrade to an Owner's Suite, which was magnificent and had great perks, for $800 for the two or us total! Now that was a deal. $1000 for a three-day cruise, not so much, especially with no perks. We got three bottles of liquor of our choice (which we did not take, but could have), free soda and snacks, butler and concierge (neither of which I used), priority everything, and the use of a great restaurant which was suites only for lunch and breakfast. Seems Carnival is way outclassed in the suites dept.

My buddy stayed in this room for his anniversary. It's very nice if you have the money.

It can be booked by just calling your PVP. If I'm not mistaken they consider this room a two person room despite the square footage.

I always wonder if these rooms are occupied on every cruise? The fact that most people don't know about them and the cost I would think they aren't booked often. Would be a nice upgrade for the right price. $100pp haha

Our friends were upsold to S1 on one of our Carnival Ecstasy cruises. It is definitely a nice space but very pricey. Toward the end of the cruise, they told us that the AC did not work well that high up and that the walking track was directly above their suite and they heard lots of pounding on the deck above. They also mentioned that the water pressure was not that great. Also, they werre the only ones with a cabin on that deck and their balcony was obscured by a lifeboat. Didn't sound like it was really worth all the extra $$$.

My buddy stayed in this room for his anniversary. It's very nice if you have the money.

It can be booked by just calling your PVP. If I'm not mistaken they consider this room a two person room despite the square footage.

I always wonder if these rooms are occupied on every cruise? The fact that most people don't know about them and the cost I would think they aren't booked often. Would be a nice upgrade for the right price. $100pp haha

It is able to have 5 booked in the cabin.

If I'm not mistaken they consider this room a two person room despite the square footage.
There is a king-size bed in the bedroom and a sofabed in the living room. We had four. And since Fantasy-class ships allow five in a cabin, they can also bring in a rollaway.

Archived