Greenland & Iceland tours

Mummy48

Hi all,

We're off to Faroes, Iceland and Greenland on Black Watch next month. Just in the process of booking some tours. I realise there's not much worth booking in Greenland (no roads), but we have booked the trip to the icebergs.

In Iceland and Faroes are there any recommendations to give a good overview. Or is it easy (and cheaper) to book tours independently?

Thanks!

Last time I was on a cruise to Greeland (on "Boudicca") I did the iceberg trip. We went on a small fishing boat and saw wonderful sights and toolk great photos. Only complaint was getting sun burn!! Booked this through the ship.:)

Thanks. In Greenland I think there'll only be the ship's tours available. I booked that one because I think it could sell out early and it sounds wonderful.

Need help with Iceland and Faroes - if anyone has any hints?

TBH there is not a lot going on in the Faroes - a scenic tour is just about all there will be - but worth doing - they have grass on the roof y'know!

Iceland - do go see the geysers - amazing if a tad sulphurous. Blue lagoon a bit over-rated; it is next to a factory! Whale watching - we only saw Minke whales - but it was my first time on a whale watch and I loved it - if you have been humpback watching you may be unimpressed. So much depends on the weather.

We have a splendid picture of me outside a restaurant where the special of the day was ... Puffin. Lovely.

As far as Greenland goes you really have to do the ship's tours if you want to see anything beyond the immediate port area.

For Iceland I would consider hiring a car. It's relatively cheap, the roads and general transport infrastructure are excellent with very light traffic.

Archived