Camp Carnival age 2-5

Patty421

Anyone ever put their 2 year old in this camp? We are going on The Splendor in Sept with our 2 year old son and def want to take advantage of the camp but I can't see him wanting to stay or behaving. There is a big age gap from 2-5. His attention span is not very good. On RCC they had a nursery for kids under age 3 which was a paid babysitting service but they had cribs and put the kids in for naps. Camp Carnival is great for older kids but does anyone have any experience with having a 2 year old in it?

Our son was 2 last year on the Dream. He loved camp. The first couple of times he was a little hesitant and the camp staff let me come in with him for a few minutes to get him settled. He was fine the rest of the week. There were plenty of 2 year old age appropriate toys there. Now I must admit that his brother was 5 so it helped that he had his brother with him. This year my boys were 3 and 6 so I was worried about them being separated, but they were fine. They both wanted to be there all the time. HTH:)

you will get a cell phone for the 2 year old. If there is a problem they will call you.

The older ones get a pager.

camps are not opened the entire day. sea days they open at 10am and close at 12:45

open at 2 and close at 5

open at 7 and start charging you at 10pm.

their activities run in 30 minute increments - they keep them busy.

Your child MUST be 2 by date of sailing or they will not be able to participate.

Try it- see if he likes it- try it for an hour- then longer.

Same here my 2yo was also hesitant at times but generally had a great time. Once I got called to change a diaper as she was not letting them. And once they called because she would not sit still at dinner.

Otherwise she had plenty of fun and never seemed bored. She also had her sister (5yo) with her. This year she will not have her sister in the same group but will also have a full year of pre-school under her belt.

Plenty of age appropriate toys and things to do.

My 2 year old hated it, despite having his 5 year old brother with him. We took him there 3 times, and he lasted 10 minutes in total.

when my daughter was 2 she would not stay longer than 30 minutes before i would get a call to come get her. after a couple of days i just stopped taking her.

my son who was 4 at the time loved it and wanted to go all the time.

now my daughter is 3 almost 4 and we will be going on the dream aug 18. she has been in pre school the last year so i am hoping she will like camp carnival this year.

Anyone ever put their 2 year old in this camp? We are going on The Splendor in Sept with our 2 year old son and def want to take advantage of the camp but I can't see him wanting to stay or behaving. There is a big age gap from 2-5. His attention span is not very good. On RCC they had a nursery for kids under age 3 which was a paid babysitting service but they had cribs and put the kids in for naps. Camp Carnival is great for older kids but does anyone have any experience with having a 2 year old in it?

My son was alittle older than 2 on his first cruise and he loved Camp Carnival. They do so much with the kids to keep them occupied they have a schedule just like they do at daycares they constantlyhave new activities and also have free play times. I think the younger ones actually have more fun than the olders. My son is going to be 6 on our next cruise and he's disappointed that he won't be able to play with Geo Trax since they are on the younger side lol.

My 2 year old hated it, despite having his 5 year old brother with him. We took him there 3 times, and he lasted 10 minutes in total.

This is what I'm afarid of. I'm really hoping he does better than that, otherwise I won't know what to do with him. He is not going to sit on the lido deck esp since kids with diapers aren't allowed in the pool.

when my daughter was 2 she would not stay longer than 30 minutes before i would get a call to come get her. after a couple of days i just stopped taking her.

my son who was 4 at the time loved it and wanted to go all the time.

now my daughter is 3 almost 4 and we will be going on the dream aug 18. she has been in pre school the last year so i am hoping she will like camp carnival this year.

What would they call you for? Would she just not stop crying?

Our little boy was 2 years 4 months when we cruised in January. He was hesitant the first 2 times on the first day, but by the 3rd time we dropped him off he walked right in. He was asking to go to "Cap Carmel" by the end of the week. He loved it! The staff was awesome and treated him great. He just asked today when we are going to go on the "Big Kuse Ship" again. It was a great experience and enjoyed having both the family time and the couples time with my spouse. They will give you a mobile phone to keep for the week and will call you if there is any problem. You will be able to call areas on the ship with the phone (your stateroom, Camp Carnival, Guest Services, etc). Loved having that too!

What would they call you for? Would she just not stop crying?

lots of reasons-- if a child needs to be changed and refuses the counselor to do it.

if they keep crying and they cant console them.

If they are abusive.. (like hitting or bitting the other kids.)

etc.etc.

We cruise with our granddaughter and her first cruise was when she was 3 yrs old. She is a very shy child so we were very concerned she wouldn't like Camp Carnival...boy were we wrong! The staff were amazing and really made her feel welcome! They have a schedule of activities and they definitely keep the kids busy. We never left her for more than a few hours at a time which may have also helped.

Attend the Camp Carnival orientation that is held the first evening. They will explain everything to you. Also, you have the opportunity to go up and tour Camp Carnival before hand which is very helpful. It allows your child to check things out while you are with them. The staff are available to answer questions, etc.

She will be going with us on both of our B2Bs we have scheduled for this fall and winter and she is already talking about Camp Carnival and the night owl party!

My twins went the week after they turned two and neither had ever been in any kind of day care. One loved camp immediately and the other didn't, so it really just depends on the kid. I saw the camp for little ones on the Splendor - the kids seemed to be having a great time.

Best,

Mia

Archived