June 2012 Carnival Fantasy Review With Pictures

Great review and thanks for taking the time. Loved the pics. Our first cruise was on Fantasy. We are booked on her for her 7 day next January. First time out of Charleston. We will drive and look for one of the hotels that let you park for the week. It will be our 14th Carnival cruise. ;)

Guess they hooked us. :D

Tandemcruzr, Thanks for your kind words. I hope you have a great cruise in January.

I hope you dont mind me adding a little input Southkakalaki.

Here is a link to park and cruise hotels in the area. When calling, I would definitely ask if they offer free shuttle service to the port or how much they charge. Some offer free tranportation and others charge.

http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/special_offers/packages/stay/

Thank you for the info!

Great review with very nice pics. Really thought the sunset pics were amazing. Sailed on the Fantasy back in May. Booked another Fantasy cruise for Dec. and cannot wait. Glad your family enjoyed the cruise !!!

Great review with very nice pics. Really thought the sunset pics were amazing. Sailed on the Fantasy back in May. Booked another Fantasy cruise for Dec. and cannot wait. Glad your family enjoyed the cruise !!!

Thank you LTFRFD, I wish we had another booked. We will probably be going some time next year to celebrate 20 yr anniversary. Have a great time on your cruise in Dec.

Without a doubt THE BEST review I have EVER read here on Cruise Critic and the accompanying pictures are the iceing on the cake! What a beautiful family you have..truly blessed.

Mamatene, thank you very much, I am glad you enjoyed the review.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely great review! Wondering if you could give me a little more info on the Sheraton Resort you mentioned in your review. Like, how did you know how to get there, will any taxi driver be able to get us there, we did you check in, those sorts of things. We leave next week on the same cruise and thought this looked fun and interesting. we always went on excursions booked directly through cruise line and are a little use how to proceed. Thanks!

Absolutely great review! Wondering if you could give me a little more info on the Sheraton Resort you mentioned in your review. Like, how did you know how to get there, will any taxi driver be able to get us there, we did you check in, those sorts of things. We leave next week on the same cruise and thought this looked fun and interesting. we always went on excursions booked directly through cruise line and are a little use how to proceed. Thanks!

Toddtimes, I read somewhere on cruise critic about the Sheraton. When we went thru the building at the port, I asked the guy at the welcome to the Bahamas desk for a map and asked where to get on the #10 Jitney. When I told him where we were going he replied that the Sheraton was a very good deal. I'm sure any taxi would take you there, just costs more than taking the bus. When you arrive at the Sheraton, go to the main desk to check in and they will give you a arm band that lets everyone know you are a daily guest. Our ship had docked at 7:00 and we arrived early in the morning around 8:30ish. Not many had made it to the beach yet. You don't have to take towels because the resort will have them for you. Take plenty of cash if you want to buy food or drinks, they are not cheap. They have an outside restaurant and bar that keeps you from having to go inside. Matter of fact we never went inside the resort for anything other than checking in. We had a few vendors trying to sell dresses and jewelry but wouldn't bother with us after we said no thanks.

Hope this helps you, have a great cruise!

i love your review. your photo's are gorgeous. it is wonderful too see your ds and dd get along so well. you have a great family.

Dustyroad,

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the review. The kids are like best friends and I couldn't be happier about that.

Loved your review of the Fantasy. Also liked the video. I took my granddaughter on the Fantasy last year and she keeps asking when we going back on the Big Boat. Its glad to see that Carnival keeps the ship in such good condition for its age. But just wanted to say good work on the review.

Loved your review of the Fantasy. Also liked the video. I took my granddaughter on the Fantasy last year and she keeps asking when we going back on the Big Boat. Its glad to see that Carnival keeps the ship in such good condition for its age. But just wanted to say good work on the review.

Thanks SexyK, I am ready to go cruising again. I just need to start saving. :)

Enjoyed your review! Made me even more excited for my Fantasy cruise in 83 days!!

Thanks geochick, have a great time on your cruise. I wish I had another cruise planned...hopefully the wife and I will get to go on one next year to celebrate our 20 yr anniversary.

I hope you dont mind me adding a little input Southkakalaki.

Here is a link to park and cruise hotels in the area. When calling, I would definitely ask if they offer free shuttle service to the port or how much they charge. Some offer free tranportation and others charge.

http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/special_offers/packages/stay/

Personally, I'd be a little hesitant about staying on the Mt. Pleasant side of the bridge in case of any incident that would close the bridge for hours on end.

Personally, I'd be a little hesitant about staying on the Mt. Pleasant side of the bridge in case of any incident that would close the bridge for hours on end.

I have only seen this happen maybe 3 times that I can think of since the new bridge was built in 2005 and there is always the option of taking I526 in the event of a closure.

I am not saying that it couldnt happen but I work in Mt. Pleasant and have never been stuck over here except for when that one guy tried to drive his SUV off the side.

Best of luck to your DD. We really enjoyed your fine state. We toured Clemson and Furman Univ. also, but COC was the one that really stood out to us.

My daughter graduated from COC and enjoyed every moment there and she enjoyed being close to home but not close enough that I could just pop in.

Carnival's website for the parking at the pier says it's $17/day. I plan on staying at a hotel with a park-n-cruise package (maybe the Hampton Patriots Point), but a friend is driving down to join me for Leg 2 of my B2B and won't arrive until the morning we sail.

If parking really is $15/day, on a 7-day cruise, the money not spent on parking will buy at least 1-1/2 drinks! :p

Thanks for the review. I've sailed her twice. I was on the 2nd sailing out of Charleston after she moved (the same 7-day I'm doing again). It was my first long solo cruise and I had a really good time.

It doesn't matter how often I sail, I still love to read reviews of my "next" ship and look at the pics.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for the review and photos. I booked this cruise today for April 2013, and I am very excited especially after reading what you've written!

Thanks Daphne Starr, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Have a great time on your cruise.

Carnival's website for the parking at the pier says it's $17/day. I plan on staying at a hotel with a park-n-cruise package (maybe the Hampton Patriots Point), but a friend is driving down to join me for Leg 2 of my B2B and won't arrive until the morning we sail.

If parking really is $15/day, on a 7-day cruise, the money not spent on parking will buy at least 1-1/2 drinks! :p

Thanks for the review. I've sailed her twice. I was on the 2nd sailing out of Charleston after she moved (the same 7-day I'm doing again). It was my first long solo cruise and I had a really good time.

It doesn't matter how often I sail, I still love to read reviews of my "next" ship and look at the pics.

Thanks again!

NCTribefan, not sure if they have gone up in price but sounds like a good idea to get the hotel package. If you have the time I would encourage checking out the Yorktown at Patriots Point.

Glad you enjoyed the review. Have fun on your cruise.

I have only seen this happen maybe 3 times that I can think of since the new bridge was built in 2005 and there is always the option of taking I526 in the event of a closure.

I am not saying that it couldnt happen but I work in Mt. Pleasant and have never been stuck over here except for when that one guy tried to drive his SUV off the side.

Arubalady, I agree with All4fun. Bridge closures would be very unusual. If I were going to stay in/around Charleston I would be looking at Mt. Pleasant for a place to stay. Downtown Charleston is very expensive and I am not familiar with other parts.

Arubalady, I agree with All4fun. Bridge closures would be very unusual. If I were going to stay in/around Charleston I would be looking at Mt. Pleasant for a place to stay. Downtown Charleston is very expensive and I am not familiar with other parts.

I used to recommend the West Ashley area but it appears that the crime is getting to be more prevalent now. I will suggest staying in Mt. Pleasant, Downtown (if you can afford it) or North Charleston (right by Tanger Outlet ONLY).

Enjoyed your review. DH and I are sailing in November and the pictures really help get excited.

It's great how many different colleges and universities we have in South Carolina. My son graduated from Anderson U, and lives in Charleston now (but he is a huge USC fan).

I've "done" the Yorktown, quite a few years ago when I took DD to Charleston for a long weekend (she was probably about 6 and is now 26).

When I told her I'd changed their honeymoon cruise from Port Canaveral to Charleston, her first comment was "can we go on a carriage ride with one of those beautiful Belgians pulling!?!?" :D

I assured her that if they drive down early enough on the day before they cruise, she can take her new hubby on a carriage ride.

Enjoyed your review. DH and I are sailing in November and the pictures really help get excited.

It's great how many different colleges and universities we have in South Carolina. My son graduated from Anderson U, and lives in Charleston now (but he is a huge USC fan).

Joydisney, I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Hope you have a wonderful cruise in November.

Big USC fan here...Go Cocks!

I've "done" the Yorktown, quite a few years ago when I took DD to Charleston for a long weekend (she was probably about 6 and is now 26).

When I told her I'd changed their honeymoon cruise from Port Canaveral to Charleston, her first comment was "can we go on a carriage ride with one of those beautiful Belgians pulling!?!?" :D

I assured her that if they drive down early enough on the day before they cruise, she can take her new hubby on a carriage ride.

NCTribeFan, the carraige rides are alot of fun. We haven't been on one in a while but it is a great way to learn about the city.

Archived