Saint John, New Brunswick

Hi all, I just couldn't stand it anymore. Saint John is spelled in full, not abbreviated!!!! St. John is not the proper spelling. I am proud to live here and I want everyone to know the difference between St. John's, Newfoundland and Saint John, New Brunswick! Hope you enjoy your visit!

:)

I'm going to love my visit to Saint John. What should I do while I'm there? You're a local, what do you recommend?

Hi,

I would highly recommend visiting the Reversing Falls and trying one of our lobsters (if you like lobster). There is a nice city market down town, and you may enjoy walking through to take a look at the locally made crafts, etc.

You will get a different feeling the minute you step off of the cruise ship. The people here are not like any other people in the world. We will make you feel at home right away! Please let me know how you enjoyed your visit. I don't live in Saint John. I live in a city about 2 hours away. St. Martins is about an hour or so away and that is very nice to see.

Have a wonderful time!

Angela

Hi,

I would highly recommend visiting the Reversing Falls and trying one of our lobsters (if you like lobster). There is a nice city market down town, and you may enjoy walking through to take a look at the locally made crafts, etc.

You will get a different feeling the minute you step off of the cruise ship. The people here are not like any other people in the world. We will make you feel at home right away! Please let me know how you enjoyed your visit. I don't live in Saint John. I live in a city about 2 hours away. St. Martins is about an hour or so away and that is very nice to see.

Have a wonderful time!

Angela

Thanks for the suggestions, Angela! It's supposed to be over 100 degrees here for the next several days, so I'm looking forward to heading north for a bit. My son likes lobster so I'm sure we'll work one in. I've heard the people there are exceptionally nice; I can't wait!!

I will check in after I return.

Hi all, I just couldn't stand it anymore. Saint John is spelled in full, not abbreviated!!!! St. John is not the proper spelling. I am proud to live here and I want everyone to know the difference between St. John's, Newfoundland and Saint John, New Brunswick! Hope you enjoy your visit!

:)

Can't wait to visit. We'll be on the Carnival Glory on July 7th and stopping at Saint John on the 9th. I'd really like to see the reversing falls. I saw the Rick Mercer show where he went on the jet boat. What fun! Do you know if there is a market at the cruiseport pier? I am having a problem finding info about the cruiseport itself.

I was so glad to see someone commenting on Saint vs St. I'm sure people are just not aware that Saint is always spelled out in full. And although St. John's is a beautiful city in Newfoundland it does not need to be confused with Saint John, NB.

Can't wait to visit. We'll be on the Carnival Glory on July 7th and stopping at Saint John on the 9th. I'd really like to see the reversing falls. I saw the Rick Mercer show where he went on the jet boat. What fun! Do you know if there is a market at the cruiseport pier? I am having a problem finding info about the cruiseport itself.

I was so glad to see someone commenting on Saint vs St. I'm sure people are just not aware that Saint is always spelled out in full. And although St. John's is a beautiful city in Newfoundland it does not need to be confused with Saint John, NB.

There is an artisan market outside outside of Marco Polo cruise terminal. If you dock at Long Wharf there is none. The Diamond Jubilee terminal I'm not sure if there is one as it doesn't open to later in season.

Hahaha....yes geography is important to me since I am an educator! The Rick Mercer episode showing the Reversing Falls was hilarious! Here he is whale watching in St. Andrews, NB...haha

Here is the video of the reversing falls if anyone is interested:

I am not too sure about the markets at the cruiseport pier...I will let you know if I find out anything....

Have fun!

Hahaha....yes geography is important to me since I am an educator! The Rick Mercer episode showing the Reversing Falls was hilarious! Here he is whale watching in St. Andrews, NB...haha

Here is the video of the reversing falls if anyone is interested:

I am not too sure about the markets at the cruiseport pier...I will let you know if I find out anything....

Have fun!

The jet boat is the best! We had such a good time doing that. If you have the guts...DO IT! You will not be disappointed.

I have been on 34 cruises and New England/Canada was one of my favorites!

You can find information on Saint John at the http://www.cruisesaintjohn.com website - or on facebook. Love to hear about your visit after you return home !

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the suggestions, Angela! It's supposed to be over 100 degrees here for the next several days, so I'm looking forward to heading north for a bit. My son likes lobster so I'm sure we'll work one in. I've heard the people there are exceptionally nice; I can't wait!!

I will check in after I return.

The City Market is an easy walk from the regular port. it is the oldest Market in Canada and quite historic. As well, there is Lord's Lobster inside. They have fabulous lobster rolls :D:D

Also, close to the pier is Steamers - more expensive but good lobster:)

Market Square can be quite pretty and is a nice place to relax and view.

enjoy Saint John:)

You can find information on Saint John at the www.cruisesaintjohn.com website - or on facebook. Love to hear about your visit after you return home !

Thanks so much!

Will have lots to review...taking cruise there next Fall,,,but trying to get idea of tourist sites,,etc...they have shore excursions available...but DO want to see the Bay of Fundy(only have 6 hrs )...will never see it all,,,I know..just brief overview.

We were in Saint John on a cruise in Sept. 2010 and absolutely loved the people and the city. We did a private van tour that took us to St. Martin and the Bay of Fundy coast. We had a super seafood lunch on the beachfront but I can't remember the name. We collected "lucky stones" (one per person) from the beach, as recommended by our guide :) The stone is white with brown lines running through it, but I forgot what he called it.

We are returning to Saint John in Sept. and this time I am thinking of heading to St. Andrews. There is a ship's excursion for 4 hours (total time, round trip to ship) and I'm trying to decide whether I should use a private guide again in order to spend more time in St. Andrews. Any advice greatly appreciated. We will not want to do a whale watch in St. Andrews, so that doesn't factor in to deciding which way to go.

Thanks!

Archived