How many can you have in a cabin with you,

At what age do they have to be given there own bed,

yours Shogun

Hi All

Been asked at what age do you have to pay for kids to be on a ship with you,

How many can you have in a cabin with you,

At what age do they have to be given there own bed,

yours Shogun

A body is a body regardless of age. They are fared at a 3rd and 4th rate if it applies. ;)

Whatever the cabin will hold in berths is the max.

Has to be a berth for each person.

A body is a body regardless of age. They are fared at a 3rd and 4th rate. ;)

Whatever the cabin will hold in berths is the max.

Has to be a berth for each person.

In most cases there is no 3rd and 4th rate.. All pay the same regardless of age..

Yes, just paid full fare for a 3 year old but got cruise at a good price. Downside was I paid £300 more for single occupancy[cabin for myself] 2 days before price drop, then got a seperate cabin for DD and 3yr old granddaughter. Hope that makes sense [i've had a couple of glasses of pinot grigio;)]

My girl has been on 7 cruises so far (Carnival and Princess) since she was 23 months old and I think we've always been able to get her the 3rd passenger discount. Last cruise, we were about $1900 and she was about $1200 for our two week cruise (during the holidays). We've always paid for her tips at the regular rate.

When they're babies or toddlers, they can make a major mess (plus the cabin steward has to take care of diapers and pullups). The crew sure loves to dote on the little ones.

The number you can have in a cabin depends on how many passengers the cabin is rated for and the ship's capacity. Just because the beds are there doesn't necessarily mean you can book a passenger of any age in them. The muster stations are capacity controlled based on lifeboat seating. If a number of cabins in your lifeboat station have 3rd and 4th passengers booked, you may not be able to.

We are cruising from Australia to Fiji in November with our daughter who will be 16 months old and we had to pay the 3rd passenger rate for her. Princess only allows a certain number of children on board and they only have a limited number of cabins which have cots available (if you need a cot).

In most cases there is no 3rd and 4th rate.. All pay the same regardless of age..

This is not true. If there are rooms available that hold 3 or 4. There have always been 3rd and 4th rates. Many times they are discounted rates, but rarely they are not. It is true, that the 3rd and 4th person pay regardless of age on Princess.

You still must have a room for 3 or 4 even if you (2 adults) are traveling with an infant or small children. Princess will provide a crib (pack n play) if requested.

We are only paying $354 for our 3rd and 4th rate on our Grand Thanksgiving cruise (inside room). If Princess doesn't discount their 3rd and 4th I need to call them back because I'm being overcharged on my 1st and 2nd rates :eek::D;).

Shogun - Definitely not as good a deal as on MSC though, where kids 11 and under sail free.

There is a reduced rate for 3rd and 4th regardless of age on most cruises. If the child is travelling with one adult they are charged full fare for the first 2 passengers in the cabin. There is a limit to how many children they allow onboard, earlier this year I wanted to book and even though there were cabins available I couldn't book for my teens as they had reached the limit.

Hi All

Thanks for info,

looks like they will not be cruising Princess

think MSC will win out.

yours Shogun

Not a line that I would sail on. I stay away from places that offer kids free promotions.

Archived