Picture-A-Week 2012 - Week 26

pierces

Love all the photos here! It is great with NEW photos, noone that keep on reposting and reposting their vacation/cruise photos over and over again.

Kudos to each and every one of you!

Today we got a quite important visitor from a BIG foregin country: Hillary Rodham Clinton, United States Secretary of State, is in Riga today. For a city on the size of Riga this is quite noticeable.

Here she is with Edgars Rinkēvičs, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Latvia:

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

They placed flowers on this monument - The Freedom Monument (Brīvības piemineklis) (photo taken 1 hour before. If you look CLOSELY on the roofs of the two buildings, you can see snipers (a black dot on each roof) getting ready. Got a closer picture of them, but not sure if I should post it here)

Untitled.jpg

More photos from the event here

He has those big ears for a reason - air-conditioningfor those 100 degree plus days here in the desert.

I think that should read hare-conditioning :p

It wasn't the ears I was referring to though, rather the similarity in hind legs

DSC02010.JPG

But it clearly lacks the right tail to be able to do things like this ...

DSC00724.JPG

It wasn't the ears I was referring to though, rather the similarity in hind legs

DSC02010.JPG

But it clearly lacks the right tail to be able to do things like this ...

DSC00724.JPG

LOL They look like they're dancing!

I had the same thought while I was taking the picture. The hares and cattle here are so scrawny, I always feel bad for them. Your roos look much better fed!

Vic

brought the space shuttle trainer to Seattle today. Flew over our house before landing at Boeing Field.

SUPER GUPPY!

I almost forgot that existed! Used to transport large airframe assemblies from manufacture to assembly.

Very cool!

Dave

I did not take this picture, but this is my picture of the week. Today is my birthday, I woke up knowing my son would not be able to text me Happy Birthday as he has done for the last several years. He is in Basic Training with the Army so there are no cell phones allowed. I really miss him and was out of sorts today. This evening, looking around Facebook, I found a picture of him, taken today at Ft. Benning. This is the first time I have seen him since he left almost a month ago. I could never have taken as beautiful a picture as this one to share. I know the rules for PAW, but this one just made my day!

396777_336220929790322_615210785_n.jpg

Archived