Picture-A-Week 2012 - Week 26

pierces

I did not take this picture, but this is my picture of the week. Today is my birthday, I woke up knowing my son would not be able to text me Happy Birthday as he has done for the last several years. He is in Basic Training with the Army so there are no cell phones allowed. I really miss him and was out of sorts today. This evening, looking around Facebook, I found a picture of him, taken today at Ft. Benning. This is the first time I have seen him since he left almost a month ago. I could never have taken as beautiful a picture as this one to share. I know the rules for PAW, but this one just made my day!

I think the "rules" are sufficiently vague to allow for this slight stretch. Especially a stretch as heart-warming as this!:)

Thank your son for all of us.

Dave

When my husband was is Ranger School there was one weekend when he was going to be able to call home. I bought a new phone, stayed home all weekend, and he didn't call. On Monday his dad called me at work to make sure I was ok. He tried to call all weekend, but the new phone I got didn't work correctly!

I was in the Navy but his career in the Army tried to teach me patience - didn't work - just tried me many times! He doesn't agree, but I think it's harder to stay home and wait - less dangerous maybe, but harder in many ways.

Happy 4th All!

Vic

Greetings all.

First, and most important, Blueboss, always feel free to post pictures like that here. Thank you to your son for his service.

As usual there are some great pictures here. I have been off line since last Friday night thanks to the storms that came through the Washington, DC area. We didn’t get any major damage at our house but we haven’t had real electric power since Friday. We do have a generator so we have some power, but it doesn’t run the air conditioner, and it’s kind of hot. I am amazed that internet service was restored before the power. Any way here are a couple eclectic ones from last week.

It was hot and the sky looked ominous Friday evening.

original.jpg

So I played inside until the storm hit.

original.jpg

Larry

Thank you all for your indulgence. I was so excited to see it. My birthday started off rotten, but ended with a picture and plane tickets to go see him on Family Day next month. If you are interested, my son is the blonde, left center. I will pass along all of the Thanks that have been expressed here in the next letter I write to him.

I really enjoyed the rest of the pictures in this thread and the previous threads as well. Happy Fourth of July everyone!

• 1 month later...

Archived