Oh dear...!

Wordzz

Well, THAT wasn't meant to happen...! We have just completed a WB crossing on QM2 followed by 5 nights in New York. This was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Sadly, something appears to have gone dreadfully wrong, because we loved it so much that I have just booked another crossing for next year! How did that happen?!

On a serious note, thanks to everyone for all your help, advice and tips, and esp to Cap'n Pugwash for your encouragement when we were first contemplating booking! We had a wonderful, wonderful time.

Well, THAT wasn't meant to happen...! We have just completed a WB crossing on QM2 followed by 5 nights in New York. This was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Sadly, something appears to have gone dreadfully wrong, because we loved it so much that I have just booked another crossing for next year! How did that happen?!

On a serious note, thanks to everyone for all your help, advice and tips, and esp to Cap'n Pugwash for your encouragement when we were first contemplating booking! We had a wonderful, wonderful time.

Thanks and I am so glad that you went and even more glad that you enjoyed it. It is habit forming. :)

That's it then - you can kiss goodbye to most of your disposable income for the foreseeable future :eek::eek:

J

Completely agree, we went on our first one in 2009 expecting it to be a once in a lifetime thing....but we just booked for next June at the weekend...we have spent our wedding fund on it...opps!! Don't think I will be letting it go four years again though somehow.

Completely agree, we went on our first one in 2009 expecting it to be a once in a lifetime thing....but we just booked for next June at the weekend...we have spent our wedding fund on it...opps!! Don't think I will be letting it go four years again though somehow.

We did our first in 2007 and had actually booked the cruise for 2008 before we even set foot on the ship. Just as well we enjoyed the first one so much - it would have been a bit of a bummer if we had decided that cruising wasn't for us with the next one already booked. We haven't missed a year since then - it's the gift that just keeps right on taking! :D:D

J

I also went on my first Queen Mary 2 transatlantic voyage as a

"always-wanted-to-do-one-crossing"

"never-to-be-repeated"

"holiday-of-a-lifetime"

"I-will-only-do-this-once"

back in 2006... :cool: .

Since that "one-off" voyage...

I've crossed and cruised on QE2 & QM2 & QV & QE...

As you've found, once is never enough :D .

A huge BON VOYAGE! For all your future crossings and cruises :) .

Same happened to us. A special holiday as a celebration....we are now finding celebrations to justify our cruises!! How many times can you move in together, get married, turn 40....?!! I've taken on a full time job to feed my habit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We're in the same boat, so to speak! We celebrated a significant anniversary last year by crossing east and west on the QM2. We were more than a little anxious before setting sail and we certainly didn't expect to make a repeat journey. But now we're hooked and, disposable income or not, we're hoping to do it again next year. I've even persuaded several of our friends and relatives to take the proverbial plunge as well. Now if only Peter Shanks would take my hard work into account, I wouldn't have to worry about how to pay for my addiction!

We're coming up on our third "once-in-a-lifetime" crossings in 4 years.

The first was amazing and more than we expected.

And the second was amazing and also more than we expected.

How do they do that?

Ha ha... This sounds oh so familiar...!

5 friends and myself went on a 2 night trip on QM2 in May, myself having already had a TA booked for just over 3 months time from now... And guess what? The other 5 all want to do it now too! One of their 30th Birthdays is early next year, and we are planning on flying to New York, 4 nights in the big apple, then sailing back... He wants to actually be onboard for his birthday its self, so a westbound won't work...

Either way... I am not complaining! :D

I am already on to my agent... ;)

...I've taken on a full time job to feed my habit!..

And I reach retirement age in November this year - so that's certainly a cause for celebration that must be marked by a cruise! There's only one bijou little snagette though - I'm not actually going to retire because I need to earn enough money to sustain the cruise habit :eek:

Hoping to make it to 70 - so that's another five cruises.

J

I call it QM2-itis :D

You're so right, and we seem to have caught it big-time! We have been on (only) two cruises before, once on Princess (Alaska) and once on Celebrity (Baltic). Whilst we thoroughly enjoyed both of them in their own way, that was really because of the destinations; neither vessel comes anywhere close to the QM2 in our view. It's a very special ship. And the TA is a very special voyage, almost mystical. Especially when we were crossing the Grand Banks surrounding by dense fog, with the foghorn sounding at regular intervals - quite magical. I currently can't see us wanting to travel on any other ship.

Thank you all for your affirmative responses and good wishes!

And I reach retirement age in November this year - so that's certainly a cause for celebration that must be marked by a cruise! There's only one bijou little snagette though - I'm not actually going to retire because I need to earn enough money to sustain the cruise habit :eek:

Hoping to make it to 70 - so that's another five cruises.

J

I m paying for my dads retirement cruise... After that, he is on his own... :D

Same here as well. We did our first crossing as a complete "one off" just to see what it would be like and now never take any other type of vacation!

I can seem to manage more than a few months without boarding one of my favoutite ships again.:)

Few things more comfy than a Westie snugged on a pillow!

Archived