Is there a self-service laundromat in Civitaveccia?

nojoke

We will be on a back2back cruise that turns around in Civitaveccia. We will be on a ship with no self-service laundry facilities. I realize that we can send our clothes to the ship laundry, but would really like to do the laundry myself on that day when we are in Civitaveccia. We will already have spent 3 days in Rome pre-cruise, so this will just be a day to catch up on rest, etc.

So, if anyone knows of a laundromat within walking distance of the port, please share the info with us. thanks so much!

One amazing thing about CC is that most questions have been asked and answered over the years. It so happens that we had the same question a while back and delt with the issue in the following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1401061&highlight=laundramat

The only caveat to the thread is that we have not checked that laundramat in more then a year so its possible that it has moved or closed.

Hank

According to the Italian yellow pages (paginegialle.it, here: http://www.paginegialle.it/pgol/4-lavanderia/3-Civitavecchia%20(RM)) there is one at 21 Via Zara, which is only six blocks (0.2 tenths of a mile) from where the port shuttle bus drops you off.

thank you so very much. I accessed the website you showed, and printed out a little map.

So, I think we will be able to be domestic on our in-between day!

We were there in May and saw 2 laundromats, including the one mentioned by eurocruiser. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding it. While being in Civitavecchia we would recommend to have lunch at La Tratoria Agusterello.

It's on the seafront promenade, very close to the Miramar hotel. It's a small, family run restaurant with unbelievably amazing Italian food. The owner takes really good care of you and his wife is the cook. They are really friendly and nice. Having lunch there makes for a lovely and authentic experience. We'll be there again in 2 weeks and will definitely have lunch there again!

Archived