Mini suite question

mtclimbermom

First cruise so I don't know. My husband, and two kids, and I are going to Alaska with my father in law and brother in law are cruising this August on the Coral. My husband and I with our kids have a mini Suite with a balcony. I was wondering if our mini suite was big enough to host a UBD for 4 adults, or maybe the 6 of us even. I have seen pictures but I can't tell from those. I would like to do something special for my father in law while we are on the trip. I am already thinking about the ultimate ship tour for him, but just also wondering about the UBD, if the mini suite is big enough. Thanks!

First cruise so I don't know. My husband, and two kids, and I are going to Alaska with my father in law and brother in law are cruising this August on the Coral. My husband and I with our kids have a mini Suite with a balcony. I was wondering if our mini suite was big enough to host a UBD for 4 adults, or maybe the 6 of us even. I have seen pictures but I can't tell from those. I would like to do something special for my father in law while we are on the trip. I am already thinking about the ultimate ship tour for him, but just also wondering about the UBD, if the mini suite is big enough. Thanks!

Yes it would be big enough!

Check out this one on the Crown!

This is a mini on Emerald deck, the balcony is a tad longer then the standard one where you see the white steel wall.

They will make it work.

4 yes, 6 would be really pushing it to do on the balcony. Inside you could with a little juggling.

This assumes you don't have one of the corner bump outs, which are smaller.

Do they bring in a table for this? Because the table on the balcony would be barely big enough for two...EM
They bring a proper table even for two people. We had a UBD on a mini-suite balcony and the table might fit four people but I don't see how you could fit six people on a mini-suite balcony. You would probably need to move all the furniture except the sofa on the balcony and there might be room for two tables to fit six people in the sitting area inside. Hopefully someone who has actually tried six can post an actual experience.

Yes it would be big enough!

Check out this one on the Crown!

This is a mini on Emerald deck, the balcony is a tad longer then the standard one where you see the white steel wall.

They will make it work.

High Heel Girl,

Thanks for the video. It looks fabulous. We are on the Sapphire in August to Alaska. I'm afraid it will be too cold for the UBD. But, it we have a warm day, I'm going to do it!!

Sorry to RAIN on your parade...but unless you have one of the covered balconies of the Emerald minis, the rest of the mini-suite balconies are uncovered -- it will probably rain in AK in August!

We are lucky enough to have a covered mini on Emerald. However, I agree with you, if it's raining even a covered balcony might be too damp and cold for the UBD.

Sorry to RAIN on your parade...but unless you have one of the covered balconies of the Emerald minis, the rest of the mini-suite balconies are uncovered -- it will probably rain in AK in August!

There are covered mini suites on the Coral on the caribe deck forward.

There are covered mini suites on the Coral on the caribe deck forward.
As paddingtonbear stated, the Coral/Island are very different from the Sapphire/Diamond/Golden/Star. In addition to the 24 covered minis forward on Coral deck there are also 8 covered minis forward on Baja deck and 18 covered minis aft on Dolphin deck. The attached link has great information about balconies on the Coral/Island.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

As paddingtonbear stated, the Coral/Island are very different from the Sapphire/Diamond/Golden/Star. In addition to the 24 covered minis forward on Coral deck there are also 8 covered minis forward on Baja deck and 18 covered minis aft on Dolphin deck. The attached link has great information about balconies on the Coral/Island.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Oh! Thanks for the info! Hope OP will have one of those and no rain for her UBD.

Archived