Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska with Pictures

Overall Review: Alaska was amazing. Ship looked amazing. In our opinion Carnival offers more activities on board to keep you busy. It may have been the demographics and the destination that made this one different. Food was good as well. Room smaller than Carnival (in my opinion.) Will we be back again, yes. The only downside on this was a rude security officer and we expressed our concerns with guest services. The next day we had an apology letter and a bottle of wine for the trouble.

Alaska needs to be seen with your own eyes, pictures can not do it justice. It is truly breathtaking. I can not wait to do Alaska again, hopefully next year. We are doing the Southern Caribbean again this November. Did it last year and loved it, too much to see in one cruise so we are going to go see things we did not have time to last year.

Debarkation, we had zone 28, with an expected time to be off at 9:00 am. It was right on time and we were lead from the theater off the ship and through customs.

If you purchase one on those famous knives in Alaska, or on the ship itself, they will not give it back to you until you reach the terminal. You do not get it back on the ship to pack. So if you check your bags right through to your flight, you might not have a place to pack your knife and need to stop somewhere and mail it home.

We had a porter take our bags, made our way through customs and straight out to a cab back to the Hampton Inn and Suites, we were not going to fly home until 10:10 pm Saturday night. We checked the bags at the hotel and then headed out sightseeing. I wanted to ride one of the ferries across to Bainbridge Island. (It rained all day Friday but I did not care I was still on vacation.)

P1030736.jpg

Alaska is a wonderful place to visit. I'm sorry that you did not have a bit better weather, but am glad that your overall take on the ship and the ports was positive!

Go again next year, and hopefully you will have sunshine all trip long. By the way, one of your first pictures revealed Mt. Rainier in all her glory. It's not many days in a year that a Seattle ite gets that view.;)

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived