Park and cruise

khia213

Does anyone know if any of the hotels in New Jersey are still doing the deal that allows you to stay overnight before your cruise and allows you to leave your car there during the cruise? We did it at Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth, NJ, but that's been awhile. Any insight, fellow cruisers?

I have this in my cruise notes:

Embassy Suites Secaucus $210 for 2 room, 2 double beds and a pullout couch-free parking for lenth of stay

We are going to drive straight from home so I haven't done any follow up but it was the best option I could find at the time I was looking. I seem to recall it was about a $50 cab ride each way.

I have this in my cruise notes:

Embassy Suites Secaucus $210 for 2 room, 2 double beds and a pullout couch-free parking for lenth of stay

We are going to drive straight from home so I haven't done any follow up but it was the best option I could find at the time I was looking. I seem to recall it was about a $50 cab ride each way.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Secaucus for our 6/16 Gem cruise. The package also included car service to the pier (one-way).

The hotel was very nice, extremely clean, included free breakfast.

I would use both the hotel and car service again if needed.

We are staying at the Hamton Inn and Suites on Staten Island, NY. They share a parking lot with the Hilton Garden Inn and are sister hotels. Both hotels are in a nice area. There is a day care facility and an outpatient surgury center that also share the parking lot. They both offer a park and cruise package. They also have a free shuttle to the pier and free pickup after the cruise back to the hotel. The Hampton offers a free breakfast the morning of the cruise. I have the reservations for the room and I have to call back 30 days before sailing and set up the shuttle reservation. We stayed at the Hilton two years ago and it worked out very well. The only thing is that you have to pay the bridge fee to get onto Staten Island. I think it is $11.

Are you sailing out of NYC? Some folks have reported that they have made an arrangement with Hyatt Place in Secaucus to leave their car. For Newark also check trinityreservations.com. They offer the Fairfield Inn and the Ramada and stay123 offers Country Inns. Post back if you're considering another choice because we don't recommend every park/sleep offer out there.

Does anyone know if any of the hotels in New Jersey are still doing the deal that allows you to stay overnight before your cruise and allows you to leave your car there during the cruise? We did it at Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth, NJ, but that's been awhile. Any insight, fellow cruisers?

Yes, try Hampton Inn and Suites, Staten Island. We have used their park stay cruise deal and were very happy with it.

We are staying at the Hamton Inn and Suites on Staten Island, NY. They share a parking lot with the Hilton Garden Inn and are sister hotels. Both hotels are in a nice area. There is a day care facility and an outpatient surgury center that also share the parking lot. They both offer a park and cruise package. They also have a free shuttle to the pier and free pickup after the cruise back to the hotel. The Hampton offers a free breakfast the morning of the cruise. I have the reservations for the room and I have to call back 30 days before sailing and set up the shuttle reservation. We stayed at the Hilton two years ago and it worked out very well. The only thing is that you have to pay the bridge fee to get onto Staten Island. I think it is $11.

I agree! We used the Hampton Inn's package and we loved it.

Yes, the bridge toll is $12!

Are you sailing out of NYC? Some folks have reported that they have made an arrangement with Hyatt Place in Secaucus to leave their car. For Newark also check trinityreservations.com. They offer the Fairfield Inn and the Ramada and stay123 offers Country Inns. Post back if you're considering another choice because we don't recommend every park/sleep offer out there.

Thanks for posting this. The Hyatt place seems to be a good option for cruises out of NYC.

I just noticed that Khia213 is sailing on the Star. I don't believe the shuttle from Staten Island goes into NYC. They service the Bayonne NJ port. I know it seems strange that a NY hotel doesn't serve a NY port but a NJ port. Make sure before you make the reservation.

If they stay on Staten Island they will have to book a car service to the Manhattan pier or get the hotel shuttle to the free ferry and then take a cab from downtown NY.

OP - please look closely at the logistics and prices before you make a final decision.

Archived