All-inclusive beverage charge

dakrewser

Costa has now introduced "All Inclusive beverages" - All Inclusive beverages*: includes a selection of alcoholic (including draft beer and wine) and soft drinks by the glass and coffee, with the exception of Mini Bar products and premium brands.

- Adults only (18 years and older): € 19.50 per day, including service charges.

That's just under $25/day. Excellent price (we usually spend more than that on wine with dinner), although I can't find a list of exactly what's included.

Something HAL should think about...

Costa has now introduced "All Inclusive beverages" - All Inclusive beverages*: includes a selection of alcoholic (including draft beer and wine) and soft drinks by the glass and coffee, with the exception of Mini Bar products and premium brands.

- Adults only (18 years and older): € 19.50 per day, including service charges.

That's just under $25/day. Excellent price (we usually spend more than that on wine with dinner), although I can't find a list of exactly what's included.

Something HAL should think about...

I think Costa is trying everything they can to draw passengers on board. I can't see Holland doing that, but hey I've been wrong before.

With premium brands being excluded, I don't think I would bother. When I have a drink, I rarely have a mixed drink. I'm more of a "on the rocks" or a martini drinker, so being limited to the well brands is just not going to work for me. I think I'd rather drink ice water than a Vladimir Martini or an Old Smuggler on the rocks. ;) I also don't care for most typical draft beer or the average house wine. But then again, I'm very particular when it comes to what I like to drink. Make it $30 or $35, include everything and I'd be right on it.

For those who are happy with house wine, draft beer and well liquor, it sounds like an OK deal to me. And there is nothing wrong with being happy with house brands.

I think Costa has 2 levels of drinks included, I would cruise them again have taken them more than HAL, 7 for Costa and 6 for HAL, but we need a preimum labels. Celeberity also has something I believe. But we are happy with HAL allowing all the wine you want ( with 18 dollar corkage) We are doing Sandals in Jamaica in November and they have the good scotch and Cognac etc etc, but I do not think we will be that happy with the wine- but no tips, no bar bill will be nice, also no kids, adults only

Actually according to the corporate big wigs in their analysts meeting last week, Costa is doing okay. Recovering faster then was anticipated I believe they said.

The Spanish, Aussie and British are not. Neither particularly are the American lines but they are doing better then most of the others.

I forget what was said about the German line.

MSC has announced a similiar program, priced at about the same as Carnivals Group booze card. $58.00 or so. I would presume this is a low rent response to that one.

Hugh in Dallas

Archived