Do you get a guilty feeling if you pull your kids out of school?

dad son team

I have no guilt, but the schools make it so hard on the kids that we don't do it. When they were in elementary school, it was easier. But the middle and high schools here are real sticklers and won't let you make up the work. I think a lot of that is because so many people did it that they made it harder. Both my DD's are honors students, but would totally freak if they had to miss school because it takes so long to make up the missed work, IF they let you make it up at all.

My oldest Dd is now in college. This year both girls have the same spring break, so we get one more family vacation. Next year, they are not the same week, so I guess we will be going without the oldest. Of course, she would probably rather go somewhere with her friends than with us, except that we book nicer rooms than they do!

Becky

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the cruises that are offered when kids are out of school are more expensive.

One more problem for us is that our child tends to have hay fever. Which can mean many sick days when the pollen count gets high.

One piece of good news is that our daughter's school has been nominated for a major honor. The principal was told by the evaluation team that they are recommending we get the award.

Archived