Kids Sail Free - how often is this offered?

mpcaruth

We are planning to book our first NCL cruise in January 2014 (Jewel out of New Orleans). I saw a promotion today for kids sailing free during select Fall sailings. Does NCL offer free kids sailing very often? I assume it is only offered during the off season (when school is in session). Since we sail with our kids during the off season, do you think there may be a chance we can catch one of these promotions for our January sailing? Any idea when and how often this promotion may be offered? I typically book our cruises 10 month out.

Suggestion.....book now directly with NCL. If the promotion comes up again before final payment, call NCL and have the cruise re-priced. win-win as long as you pay attention to detail.

I agree. Book now for the best price. IF they have another before your final payment is due and it's worth the price, then just cancel and rebook if they have another kids sail free (providing you consider IF you have any cancellation fees or anything like that if it would be worth it).

I have done this twice already. Ihad a cruise booked for September last year, then they had the promo and I had the price reduced-by getting a refund on the child portion (not the taxes/fees of course, you still have to pay that) of my cruise. I just cancelled and rebooked my cruise yesterday to grab a huge reduction in our upcoming cruise in December.

I've noticed they've had 1 of these promos each year since 2010 when I've been watching it. They are not always the same time of year/month/days and you just never know. I believe I was told last year that before the one they had in 2010 it had been YEARS since they ran these specials.

I can tell you this...if they would offer this promo more offer, they would get more business from me...that's for sure! :D

I agree. Book now for the best price. IF they have another before your final payment is due and it's worth the price, then just cancel and rebook if they have another kids sail free (providing you consider IF you have any cancellation fees or anything like that if it would be worth it).

That's why I suggested directly with NCL as there shouldn't be any cancellation fees before final payment. However, you could lose OBC or other perks depending on the original booking.

Archived