Jewel vs. Caribbean Princess

For a Canada/NE cruise in September '12 would the Jewel of the Seas or Caribbean Priness be the better choice? We are a recently retired but active couple in our early 60"s and have done several cruises on RCI--my favorite because I like to ahve lots to do on the ship. We did Alaska on Princess, though, and liked it too. Thanks for your recommendations.:)

I have not cruised with Princess. I have cruised on Jewel and it is a great ship. It is probably my favorite RC ship so far. We did a Canada itinerary on Explorer and really enjoyed it. So, for me it would be win/win on Jewel to Canada/New England.

Which ever you decide you know you will have a great cruise.

Hi,

I have cruised on both of these ships in the Caribbean: Caribbean Princess in 2009 and Jewel of the Seas earlier this year. They both are nice ships and are good choices. However, I would probably choose the Jewel of the Seas. It feels less crowded and has many large windows that provide excellent views of the surroundings. The ship is very attractive and perfectly maintained. Also, I was pleased with the food and service. Overall, I was very impressed with the Jewel of the Seas and would be interested in sailing on this ship again in the future.

Chuck

Did the New England/Canada cruise on Jewel and it was great. It's probably the best ship for a scenic tour. That being said, if I do New England/Canada again, I would choose the ten day Caribbean Princess. It's a pretty good itinerary. Even on the 7 day Princess there are more stops. You really don't need any sea days on this tour. I think you'll enjoy either one.

Archived