Price drop.

Michael50

Hi there, I'm confused about the price drop and what if anything I can do. I went on the website and the cost was $949 for a cc cabin, but when I tried to book it The price didn't reflect the sale price, but, here's my other question, I'm already paid in full with a travel agent, is there anything I can do at this point or is it too late?

It s a big price difference....

Just confused......

Thanks

Hi there, I'm confused about the price drop and what if anything I can do. I went on the website and the cost was $949 for a cc cabin, but when I tried to book it The price didn't reflect the sale price, but, here's my other question, I'm already paid in full with a travel agent, is there anything I can do at this point or is it too late?

It s a big price difference....

Just confused......

Thanks

Hi Michael,

As you said you have paid in full, and if it's past your final payment date, Celebrity won't offer a refund. However, if you are currently booked in a lower category, you might be able to upgrade. I suggest calling your TA first thing in the morning, and see if they can assist. It's worth a phone call !

Good Luck, and have a wonderful Cruise !

Hi Michael,

As you said you have paid in full, and if it's past your final payment date, Celebrity won't offer a refund. However, if you are currently booked in a lower category, you might be able to upgrade. I suggest calling your TA first thing in the morning, and see if they can assist. It's worth a phone call !

Great, I have a similar issue. Thanks:D

Hi Michael,

I was in this situation for our Alaskan cruise this past May. After the final payment made a huge price drop happened. I asked my TA about it, she called and we ended up moving from a concierge cabin to a sky suite (all thanks to advice rec'd on here). No refund for the price difference but a much nicer cabin.

Definitely place a call.

This is one of the most often asked questions from cruisers new to Celebrity. They put unsold cabins on sale 6-8 weeks prior to the sail date, and after the final payment date. Many cruise's or cabins on some cruises never go on sale.

You cant get a price reduction, you can only hope to upgrade....I was able to upgrade to Aqua class from a veranda on my last cruise, so it is possible.

I was wondering prior to my first cruise whether to book early or wait for price reductions, and decided to wait, as I am not much restricted in time, so… I saved about 30%. My advice to anybody would be putting the final payment off as long as possible.

I was wondering prior to my first cruise whether to book early or wait for price reductions, and decided to wait, as I am not much restricted in time, so… I saved about 30%. My advice to anybody would be putting the final payment off as long as possible.

I am glad it worked out for you. But some itineraries are more popular than others, Antartica for instance, the prices do not go down, they just keep increasing until sold out. :D

The rule about getting a lower price is based on the final payment date set by the cruise line, not when you actually paid.

Unless the price drop is a Tuesday special, you can also ask for OBC for the difference. That one is hit and miss. If the price drop is a Tuesday special, i.e. good only for new bookings, you will not get anything.

The thing to remember is that for most itineraries, the pricing is usually a bell curve. Lowest prices are 12 months out or more, or inside 60 days. We usually try to book early for best cabin selection. We are a family of three, and X will not allow a GTY fare for more than two people (except once when we booked a GTY FV).

Hi again, thanks for all of your replies, I,m going to call as soon as the agency opens this morning, will let you know...

Hi Michael,

Please let us know what happens. Look forward to hearing from you !

The situation in the UK is a complete mess, after final payment the cabin of the same grade of ours 2 doors away was sold for over £1000 less than we paid. After complaining, this is the answer we recieve:

As you’re aware, we’re always happy to reduce the cost of the holiday if

there is a price code available that applies to your existing booking. This

is true for our UK-booked guests whether you’ve paid in full or not, and

whether you’ve booked directly with us or through a travel agent. It’s worth noting, though, that if you’ve booked with a travel agent it’s at their discretion whether they will honour the price drop or not.

We know that our current pricing policy – which we outline in Section 1.9 of our Booking Conditions – isn’t as clear as we would like it to be. We’re

currently reviewing a number of different options for the way our pricing

rules should work in the future. Once we’ve reached a decision, we will of course update the information to reflect any changes we’ve made. I hope the information I’ve given you has helped to clarify our current policy.

We are cruising with Celebrity again in September, if they drop the price again after final payment, we will be looking elsewhere.

Richard

Hi everyone, so I called first thing this morning and to make a very long story shorter, I was given nothing! I was told that since I'm already booked in concierge class the only upgrade is to a suite but they would charge us an additional $70 per person for the week and we would have no guarantee on where the room would be located and what type of suit it would be. I called to save us money not be charged more. I was also told that my room is guaranteed and if we booked today with celebrity we could be placed anywhere on the ship with no choice, I also asked if they could give us more on board credit and was told no, soooooo basically I spent a long time on the phone and got nowhere...

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi everyone, so I called first thing this morning and to make a very long story shorter, I was given nothing! I was told that since I'm already booked in concierge class the only upgrade is to a suite but they would charge us an additional $70 per person for the week and we would have no guarantee on where the room would be located and what type of suit it would be. I called to save us money not be charged more. I was also told that my room is guaranteed and if we booked today with celebrity we could be placed anywhere on the ship with no choice, I also asked if they could give us more on board credit and was told no, soooooo basically I spent a long time on the phone and got nowhere...

Thanks

Personally I would take their hands off for an extra $70 you get speciallity dining 1 on a 7 night and 2 on a 12 night or more, and the cabins are sooooooooooo much nicer, Wehave tried and we couldnt get a suite this time but I sooo loved it and its worth the extra dollars just for the space and toiletries alone IMHO xx

Thanks

Thank you for letting us know what happened.

I think that was a fair offer and I would have taken it for just $140 more for the cabin. That is the idea with a price drop, if it is after final payment date; to upgrade for a small amount if you are lucky.

It is unreasonable to expect to get the price drop. For example, say you are one of the guys that like formal dressing and had bought a tuxedo for your cruise. Several months later, the shop is having a close down sale for a renovation and now your tuxedo is for sale at half the price you have paid for it. Would you complain and go back to the shop and demand a refund?

But I know it is a bit perplexing as a new cruiser to find out that the person next to you at the meet & greet (as in my case) paid $1000 less for the cabin then you on a last minute booking and instead of balcony cabin got a mini-suite as well!

Basically we all have been there and had to learn the hard way and understand how the system work. And you will see from the posts that most of us will book on an early fare and hoping to receive price drops or upgrades along the way, but have secured for the moment a cabin/location for a price they like.

Others will book at the last minute to grab the bargains, but will have to accept that their cabins are the least favorites or being very lucky to score a very good cabin, that for some reason or other becomes available again.

You just have to find out what works for you;):);)

Thanks

Thank you for letting us know what happened.

I think that was a fair offer and I would have taken it for just $140 more for the cabin. That is the idea with a price drop, if it is after final payment date; to upgrade for a small amount if you are lucky.

It is unreasonable to expect to get the price drop. For example, say you are one of the guys that like formal dressing and had bought a tuxedo for your cruise. Several months later, the shop is having a close down sale for a renovation and now your tuxedo is for sale at half the price you have paid for it. Would you complain and go back to the shop and demand a refund?

But I know it is a bit perplexing as a new cruiser to find out that the person next to you at the meet & greet (as in my case) paid $1000 less for the cabin then you on a last minute booking and instead of balcony cabin got a mini-suite as well!

Basically we all have been there and had to learn the hard way and understand how the system work. And you will see from the posts that most of us will book on an early fare and hoping to receive price drops or upgrades along the way, but have secured for the moment a cabin/location for a price they like.

Others will book at the last minute to grab the bargains, but will have to accept that their cabins are the least favorites or being very lucky to score a very good cabin, that for some reason or other becomes available again.

You just have to find out what works for you;):);)

We're also a family of three so booked 8 months before our cruise. While the Gty price has dropped like a stone since final payment, it's only for two pax bookings as already said by a previous poster. But if I was booking our specific cabin todaymfor 3, with the same flights I'd be paying more than I did in January, so all in all I'm happy. Now If there was just the two of us I'd be as sick as a parrot!

If you book hoping for price drops then you have paid to much.

Book for what you think is a good price, if it then drops and you take advantage of that or can get the upgrade, great. If you can't, you are still happy with the price you paid originally.:D

Thanks

If the difference between what you paid for your balcony cabin and a suite was only $70 per person, I'd jump on the chance in a heartbeat. I'd be willing to bet the price difference was hundreds of dollars between the two categories back when you made your original booking. Don't let an opportunity like this go by!

Ok, thanks again for all of your replies, I do understand that I really should just be content with what I have booked, but, here's my question- if I go with the upgrade to a suite but they can't guarantee a specific cabin, are there suites that are not considered good ones? Do all uites have balconies?

Thanks or all your help

Still confused a bit.....

Ok, thanks again for all of your replies, I do understand that I really should just be content with what I have booked, but, here's my question- if I go with the upgrade to a suite but they can't guarantee a specific cabin, are there suites that are not considered good ones? Do all uites have balconies?

Thanks or all your help

Still confused a bit.....

What ship are you sailing?

Michael, I don't recall you mentioning which ship you are booked on. I believe that all suites now have balconies unless there is a M-Class ship that has not yet had the balconies added to their Celebrity Suites. My guess is that you would most likely be assigned the lowest level of "Suite" on a guarantee..... I could be wrong. On most ships, this would be a Sky Suite. On the Century, it could be a "Century Suite" which is nothing more than a slightly larger balcony cabin. I suggest you review the the deck plan and cabin selections for the ship you are booked on. I would agree that $70 pp for a Sky Suite or above would be attractive. I would not necessarily feel the same if was for a Century Suite aboard the Century.

Michael, I don't recall you mentioning which ship you are booked on. I believe that all suites now have balconies unless there is a M-Class ship that has not yet had the balconies added to their Celebrity Suites. My guess is that you would most likely be assigned the lowest level of "Suite" on a guarantee..... I could be wrong. On most ships, this would be a Sky Suite. On the Century, it could be a "Century Suite" which is nothing more than a slightly larger balcony cabin. I suggest you review the the deck plan and cabin selections for the ship you are booked on. I would agree that $70 pp for a Sky Suite or above would be attractive. I would not necessarily feel the same if was for a Century Suite aboard the Century.

I agree. If you're on any other ship other than Century, your suite upgrade will be well worth the supposed $70 per person upgrade.

Archived