Carnival called to say I was double booked!

shellgoodman

This morning I listened to my answering machine at home and apparently Carnival tried to call me Tuesday and Wednesday. When I first listened to the first message and realized it was Carnival, I got excited. Was this the upsell fairy? I didn't think that I'd be able to ever get an upsell because I book two cabins - one for myself and one child and then one for my husband and my other child. Kids are 14 and 12. Carnival insists when I book that I have to split the kids up on the reservation and have an adult with each of them. I know that on CC some have stated that is not the case but that is what I am told by Carnival. No big deal as we switch the cabins and S & S cards once we are onboard.

Carnival's message was that my husband had two reservations for himself and that he was booked thru a TA I never heard of. I booked both rooms directly with Carnival on the phone and not even thru their online site.

When I called Carnival this morning, this is what they told me.

1) There is another man with the same name traveling on our cruise with the same birthday as my husband except that my husband is one year older

2) This man's cabin mate is named Lawrence and my daughter's name is Lauren.

3) Carnival merged my husband Past Guest # with the other man and the same with my daughter.

I couldn't believe it! My husband's name is not like a John Smith. It is not a common name. Carnival straightened it all out for me. I asked if maybe they wanted to put my husband's middle name on the reservation but they told me no. Carnival had to straighten out all the Past guest information and the booking number issue.

I would love to meet these two gentlemen on the cruise. I don't think I'll find them in the 3,000 on board but it would be a hoot for sure. They probably don't even know that this happened!

I booked an Alaskan cruise for Sept 2010

It was a CC Group cruise so we of course went through the CC TA

and for some reason, my DH's Carnival account was always coming up as welcome back Nick,

as though he was a past guest, this was his first Carnival Cruise

We had the CC Ta look into it, but she came up with nothing

his birth date was wrong, but that was fixed long before the cruise

well, once on board they gave him a gold card, just like mine...

Weird, but who cares we just want on the ship by this time.

When I went to get our FCC, I ask the guy there if he knew why it was, and come to find out he had the Carnival # of some guy with the same name

only 1/2 the age...I just laughed and said, does that make me a Cougar then :D

Now with this new set up Carnival has going, they figured out the kinks in the DH's history, gave him his own number

He never was a blue, has been gold, and now is red.

And we do not have a common name either, we have always been the only one in any phone book we have ever had.

Oh, lets make it even stranger, we live on the West coast (OR),

he lives on the East coast (NJ)

not that long ago, someone from my little town of 2500

moved here for NJ

said she knows the family of the other guy with my DH's name

Small weird world we live in.

Here is a thought, If they both have the same name, maybe ask the MDR staff about where you might find the table of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ,

if they guide you to your table ask them to please check again....worth a try.

I might try this in the dining room. It would be fun to meet up with them!

A couple of weeks ago I thought that something was up when Carnival sent me an email with the wrong booking number and transfer information. We are driving to the port and I just chalked it up to all the glitches Carnival is having with their systems lately. I ignored the email.

That is WIERD!

I have a very common name, and have NEVER had any problems with my bookings. KNOCK WOOD!

I too, would go out of my way to meet, and speak to the other man. I'd approach the C.D., and explain it to him/her and see if a meeting could be arranged. :cool:

"SKY"

I would love to meet these two gentlemen on the cruise. I don't think I'll find them in the 3,000 on board but it would be a hoot for sure. They probably don't even know that this happened!

Once on a cruise to Hawaii, I noticed that one of the officers had the same last name as my maiden name. One day at customer service, I mentioned that I had never met a person with that last name outside of my family. She sent him an email and he called our room and we met for a drink before dinner one evening.

I was talking to a guy at work about going to Europe and having been to Amsterdam. He asked my maiden name and told me his last name, we're both Dutch. He emailed family in the small city outside of Amsterdam where my family was from and they knew them!

This is one reason I don't hesitate to talk to strangers. I met a man in a hospital elevator who knew my exhusband's entire family and was best friends with my brother in law. He knew all the family secrets. The next day I was assigned to be the nurse for his wife in home health.

Stuff like that happens to me all the time.

You could possibly leave a note with the Purser's Desk asking these two gentlemen to meet up with you and your husband at a certain place on the ship.

This happened to me once on a CC "Official" group cruise. I received an email from another TA from the same agency stating that they were cancelling the cruise at my request!:confused:.

I panicked a bit because we were past final payment and I REALLY wanted to go on this cruise.

A few emails and voice mails later, it turns out that there was a woman with the EXACT same name including middle name also on the cruise booked through the same TA cancelled and my email address came up first because it was listed alphabetically:eek:.

All's well and it ended well but I sure would have liked to have met her.

I am named for my father's mother and it is not so common, so what are the chances??

That is quite the story. Two girls I went to high school with had the exact same name--first, middle, and last. Funny thing was one of the classes I had both of them were registered in the class. At work we have several employees with the same name first/last name and only way to differentiate is by using middle initial/whole middle name. It made it challenging to email them. Thankfully one who worked for our branch got married and her name changed--problem solved!

Perhaps you will meet this man at some point during the cruise...

Archived