Will I have enough time?

tmcraine

Wow, you took a risk w/that flight. You didn't leave yourself any room for delays. Did you book through Carnival? If not they will not hold the ship for you. You were very brave. I on the other hand am chicken so I fly in the night before.

Lots of people fly in the same day as the cruise. . Lots of first timers dont know to do it otherwise. You learn.

A 12:30 flight will get you there with plenty of time. Your flight arrives at12:30 - go get your luggage and take a cab- do not wait for the cruise line shuttle. Cab should costs about 21 bucks plus tip and will get you to the pier about 20 minutes. I bet you will be at the pier about 1:30

You will be arriving with lots of other people so expect a wait to get onboard. enjoy yourself.

I think you have enough time, but I personally would have avoided the stress and booked an earlier flight, or if none were available, flown in the night before. You're assuming the flight will actually land on time at 12:30. Then up to 30 minutes to get your bags. Then time from the airport to the port.

You should be able to make it, though. Just hope that nothing goes wrong and you will be fine.

I flew in the same day at 11;45 but was also very nervous. We had plenty of time and did the exact thing the previous poster suggested. Hurry to get your bags, hurry to get a cab, and then wait to get on the boat. As long as your flight is not delayed or they lose your bags you will be fine. Make sure you pack swim trunks and other needed things in your carry on just in case your luggage is lost. But in all honesty you should be fine.

We just returned from a cruise on the Miracle. We flew into Tampa the same day. I was quite nervous...especially since we were booked with Independence Air and they had been in the news quite often (all was well though and we actually arrived about 15 - 20 minutes early). Well, we are now booked on the Victory for February and, although we have not made reservations, we will be flying in the day before the cruise. My nerves just can't take it...besides, Miami is a larger (i.e. BUSIER) airport than Tampa and I don't want to risk it.

Read my post again-- please do not stress- you will have plenty of time to make that cruise. Read the peoples post about flying in the same day-- they arrived and were nervouse and still make the ship. (that why I am telling you not to stress. It takes a long time to DEstress when you get onboard.

(hit the hot tubs located in the gym/spa area)

We had a flight that landed in Miami at 11:30 which would have left us plenty of time to get to the ship. For some reason, the Miami airport was so backed up that our plane had to sit on the tarmac for almost 2 hours until we could get off the plane. Needless to say, by time we found the cruiseline rep, got our luggage, got on the shuttle, we made it to the ship by 3:15. That just makes me too nervous. Now we will always fly in the day before to avoid the stress. September can be a tough month with weather delays too.

Ok. Now I'm getting nervous about making it in time. There is an earlier flight, but it's at 6:20 a.m. getting me to Miami at 10:30. Would that be better? I suppose we could just not go to sleep :-)

IMO, I would change and take the 6:20 am flight. Go to bed early, and you can also sleep on the plane. I just wouldn't chance it. It's only two hours earlier, but also there are less likely to be delays then you are flying out that early in the morning.

Ok. Now I'm getting nervous about making it in time. There is an earlier flight, but it's at 6:20 a.m. getting me to Miami at 10:30. Would that be better? I suppose we could just not go to sleep :-)

I dont think you will be sleeping anyways-- excitment does that to people. If you could take the 6:20 go for that one instead. You can always take a nap before dinner. Getting to Miami at 10:30 and getting your lugggage will get you to the port by noon-- you will be onboard before 1pm. grab something to eat--then take a nap.

You could see whats available into Fort Lauderdale too--

If possible, I would change to the 6:20 am flight. If you do decide to keep the later flight, just be prepared in the unlikely event something happens. I made sure that I had Carnival's emergency number (even if they wouldn't delay departure...I wanted to at least be able to call and let them know that we were trying to get there) and all other flights that would get me to the city at least one hour before departure (including those at other airports within driving distance). I was still a little nervous our day of departure, but it did help knowing that I had that information with me.

CHANGE THE FLIGHT IF YOU CAN FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you ever watch the show AIRLINE, there is ALWAYS some one there getting ready to miss a cruise or missed the cruise because of the airline!

Every cruise I hear it too someone that flew in and ALMOST missed the ship......

I echo those who posted before me, change the flight. You can sleep on the flight and you'll feel nicely refreshed when you catch the cab to head to the pier. Plus you'll have a good chance of being on board around 12:30 or so.... ;) A full hour before your other flight is supposed to land!

Archived