No Hawaii in the summer?

Tess2mommies

don't you just love it when people post a question that if they took 30 seconds more they could have researched the answer themselves?......it is just easier to have someone else look up the answer:eek:

...or they ask a second question when the answer is more than obvious:confused:

icebrat

Yes, Princess is putting 7 of their 13.5 ships (Pacific Princess is 1/2 time Princess, 1/2 time P&O Australia, at the moment) into Alaska for the summer season.

I wouldn't wait 5 years for Alaska - too pretty to miss.

don't you just love it when people post a question that if they took 30 seconds more they could have researched the answer themselves?......it is just easier to have someone else look up the answer:eek:

...or they ask a second question when the answer is more than obvious:confused:

accidental posting

Disregarding what other posters might say, I think it is a good question. For those of us with family who would have liked to cruise to Hawaii when school was out, the same question crossed my mind. Keep asking. That is why we have message boards.

It is a good question. Perhaps in time Princess will increase the number of California/Hawaii/California cruises but as of now, May thru Septemebr is Alaska time..

What's the deal, does the Island princess not sail to Hawaii in the summer? :confused:

If this is true why not?

Nope. Reason? Alaska.

Our cruise from 4-19 to 5-4 was the last Hawaii run of the winter 2005 season. The ship will summer in Alaska, and not return to Hawaii until the fall (late September, I think).

Blue skies ...

--rita

Didn't even know that... and like you am not in the Alaska market yet. I live in a cold climate. I am commonly quoted as saying "We have 2 seasons here, winter and JULY!". So Alaska doesn't interest me like the Caribean. Gotta get some heat stored in the bones in March to last me until July!

I would think that the reduced interest in Hawaii may be due to the heat. It may be warmer than people like during the peak of summer.

Ciao for now! :)

We went to Alaska last year and we loved it - and we will go again in a few more years but in the meantime we are sick of the Caribbean and want to cruise Hawaii.

We are not interested in NCL but we will book the first summer cruise to Hawaii on Princess, RCCL or Celebrity - whoever offers it first. There are quite a few people who have asked this same question on a number of different boards. I am willing to bet there are alot of families out there that are looking for the same thing.

So this year, we are going to the Med for something different - Rome and the Greek Isles.

Archived