a scathing report on the Summit

Joseph Schmidt makes huge truffles.....like big rounded topped mountains, at least an inch high and 1 l/2 inches at the base. So creamy and tasty. Lots of good flavours. They also make big round flat truffles with coloured swirley chocolate on top.

Does it sound like I've had a few. Sure hope that they aren't going out of business.

[b]Joseph Schmidt Confections, Inc. started in 1983 in a small shop in an offbeat San Francisco neighborhood.[/b] Although he was trained as a baker and not as a maitre chocolate, Joseph soon realized that his special talent was in sculpting and developing new techniques in chocolate -- one of the most famous being his signature egg-shaped truffle, which has become the company's trademark. In an overly traditional field, Joseph creates unique truffles, pralines and other chocolate creations with a bold, clean, crisp look.

Does this help....egg shaped...that describes it, but half an egg.

Hey Phil! Glad to hear you are enjoying the cruise so far - I didn't think it was possible to have a 'scathing' report on such a great ship!

Maybe you've bumped into my mother? She is onboard with you...her Cruisecritic name is "SSSally", she and my stepfather are Alice and William Johnson. My stepfather won't get around, but my mother would likely have gone to the cruise critic meeting, and being a smoker, you will be on the same side of the ship as her most of the time!

She's a fun one - a devoted cruiser (She's on her 90-somethingth cruise...about 815 days worth so far), and loves to hang out wherever the drinkers, smokers, and late-nighters are. Let me know if you've bumper into her!

[quote name='cruising with marti']Well I did have a little indigestion last night, that might be good for free 3 nighter

Phil[/QUOTE]

Those gourmet bites just before bed time will do it every time.:rolleyes:

Reggie:D

Here is where we bought that great chocolate in San Francisco:

[b]Golden Gate Chocolate Company[/b]
1st Level, North Bldg.
415-673-0400
Chocolates, truffles, candies, gourmet coffee & tea.

It's in Del Monte Square on Leavenworth Street.

They were terrific.

Anne Maria

Archived