Oceania Marina Review - Miami - Barcelona March 2012

traveler916

Thanks, LuAnn. We'll plan to show up early for beginners' bridge lessons on the November Riviera TA.

I don't play bridge...maybe it's time to learn??

My family were big pinochle players...haven't played in years...maybe I should see if there are pinochle players on board...

Yes, the bagels were fresh and that answers the question as to how they do that.

Now, how come after 16 days, they still had fresh half and half for the coffee?????

They freshly milk the cow that is held in lowest deck daily:)

Maybe it's that "fat free" half and half that's good forever (or so it seems) :D

LOL, just checked the expiration dates on the half & half in my fridge and even the whole fat stuff is good for an entire month! :p

The slightly healthier non fat stuff, as well as the awful for you Condensed Milk (we ALL have it in the pantry) have a half life equal to nuclear waste.

I don't play bridge...maybe it's time to learn??

My family were big pinochle players...haven't played in years...maybe I should see if there are pinochle players on board...

pinochle like a fiend in college...my parents played when I was a kid..canasta as well.

Maybe we should bring some pinochle cards and give it a whirl? I'm sure Kenneth would want to give it a go...he loves Hearts and is a real "card shark"!! ;) LuAnn

pinochle like a fiend in college...my parents played when I was a kid..canasta as well.

Maybe we should bring some pinochle cards and give it a whirl? I'm sure Kenneth would want to give it a go...he loves Hearts and is a real "card shark"!! ;) LuAnn

Lou plays pinochle too!!! I'm sure he'd love to get into a game on the Nov. T/A. Regards, Marsha

I will bring pinochle cards...for sure. It will be fun...and I bet you were quite the fiend in college :). Hehe

Love II - that is why I am proud to say that I don't feel obligated to get off the ship at every port. Some of the O cruises are extremely port intensive, while the TA cruises can be less port intensive. If I feel like getting off the ship - fine. If not, it's fun to hang out on a more empty ship. Enjoy!

WOW! Based on your signature, you really like TA cruises! But after ours this fall, we may fall into that same boat... or should I say ship? ;)

Thanks, LuAnn. We'll plan to show up early for beginners' bridge lessons on the November Riviera TA.

If you are a true beginner it might be a bit much for you! I went to the beginner classes on the '11 T/A and it really wasn't for those who knew nothing about the game...more for those who already had a good foundation. I tried about 2 times and gave up! :confused: Just an FYI!! LuAnn

to book a T/A for '14 as well? We plan too..let's try and be on the same ship again!! LuAnn

For Jody and me, we can't beat the overall value of a Transatlantic cruise.

We aren't really interested in port tours. Now, I really want to see the Rock of Gibraltar, but other than that - "meh" - maybe we'll get off the ship and jump into a taxi for a ride around, or walk around the port town. But when I say that I cruise for relaxation, food, reading (have I mentioned I love reading books on my new iPad :))...and I promised Jody i would exercise on the next cruise too....it's all of the above and all true.

I am hoping that the dates work out for 2 TAs in 2014. My travel agent tells me that September may be when the 2014 schedules are announced...and I told her we want to know asap. The value is definitely there too, LuAnn.

I was looking at random O cruises and seriously - I wanted to email Frank Del Rio and say "congratulations" because a number of 2012 and even 2103 cruises are already sold out. I really want to see Oceania succeed. We were really happy with our first cruise and are hoping that the next cruises will be the same - as in, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

And I like O's version of a Transatlantic. Our Masy cruise from New York to London is going to make several stops in Canada, and one in Bar Harbor, Maine. It will be fun to visit those places.

So yes, we are saving our pennies for 2 cruises in 2014 as well. And doing lots of flying on United so we have enough Frequent Flyer miles to upgrade :)

Sorry -- Long answer to short question. The short answer: Yes :)

We aren't really interested in port tours. Now, I really want to see the Rock of Gibraltar, but other than that - "meh" - maybe we'll get off the ship and jump into a taxi for a ride around, or walk around the port town. But when I say that I cruise for relaxation, food, reading (have I mentioned I love reading books on my new iPad :))...and I promised Jody i would exercise on the next cruise too....it's all of the above and all true.

I am hoping that the dates work out for 2 TAs in 2014. My travel agent tells me that September may be when the 2014 schedules are announced...and I told her we want to know asap. The value is definitely there too, LuAnn.

I was looking at random O cruises and seriously - I wanted to email Frank Del Rio and say "congratulations" because a number of 2012 and even 2103 cruises are already sold out. I really want to see Oceania succeed. We were really happy with our first cruise and are hoping that the next cruises will be the same - as in, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

And I like O's version of a Transatlantic. Our Masy cruise from New York to London is going to make several stops in Canada, and one in Bar Harbor, Maine. It will be fun to visit those places.

So yes, we are saving our pennies for 2 cruises in 2014 as well. And doing lots of flying on United so we have enough Frequent Flyer miles to upgrade :)

My sentiments completly I have done this cruise before and can tell you that 3/4 of the ports of call are not worth getting off the ship for, Relax Relax my motto for this cruise, might see you aboard on port days as we are in cabin 9038

there with you!! May only do 1 way though...probably west to east as that puts us in Europe in early spring...which is a great time to tour!! LuAnn

My sentiments completly I have done this cruise before and can tell you that 3/4 of the ports of call are not worth getting off the ship for, Relax Relax my motto for this cruise, might see you aboard on port days as we are in cabin 9038

We hope to see you as well :)

there with you!! May only do 1 way though...probably west to east as that puts us in Europe in early spring...which is a great time to tour!! LuAnn

We are going West to East in May and then East to West in November :) and hope you can join us

Archived