Contacting Maitre D' prior to boarding...

tiffnco

Hi there,

I recently read a thread that listed a method to contact the Maitre D' prior to boarding...and now I can't find it anywhere.

We are a party of 10 sailing in less than 2 weeks...and right now a majority of the group is booked at a table for 8 and my DH and I are at a table for 2.

Our TA has made the request, but I thought an email from me prior to the sailing couldn't hurt.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!

On my two HAL cruises I've faxed letters to Ship's Services in Seattle for the particular ship, about three weeks in advance of embarkation, noting that they are for the attention of that ship's Dining Room Manager. Both times I got the table for two I was requesting, but I have no way of knowing whether that was because this method worked, or it was just luck.

I think the right fax number for this is 1-800-207-3547, but you may want to double-check by calling HAL's main number (1-877-932-4259) before relying on it.

My suggestion would be on the first day, embarkation, go to the MDR and talk to the Maitre' D about your problem. He maybe able to help.

this should be our first order of business when you embark. usually they have an area set-up where the DRM hols 'audience' to handle such requests.

if your TA has 'linked' your reservations, you should be OK, but it never hurts to confirm this.

Hi there,

I recently read a thread that listed a method to contact the Maitre D' prior to boarding...and now I can't find it anywhere.

We are a party of 10 sailing in less than 2 weeks...and right now a majority of the group is booked at a table for 8 and my DH and I are at a table for 2.

Our TA has made the request, but I thought an email from me prior to the sailing couldn't hurt.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!

Not sure what you are requesting..

Did you want one table for 8 & one table for 2 or are you trying to get a table for all 10 of you..Tables are not assigned by the Dining Room Mgr. until a couple of days prior to your cruise & even then the Dining Room Mgr is available the day of boarding to try to help Psgrs with their requests...If it's a full ship, He may not be able to help you..

There is no way to contact the DR Mgr directly prior to boarding, however I agree you should try ship's services to handle your request..Or you might try the Ships Co-ordinator in Seattle..She/He might be able to help you as they are in direct contact with the ship's Officers..Each ship has their own co-ordinator which handles groups..

Good luck & hope you enjoy your cruise..

Cheers...:)Betty

You really should not wait until boarding, because all the dining assignments have been done (up to a week in advance) and you can't expect them to change other pax's tables.

Phone Ship Services and ask for the Coordinator for your ship, explaining exactly what you need to have conveyed to the Dining Room. One of the Assistant DR Managers does the assigments and will appreciate advanced warning!

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions.

I do know that I will be heading to the DR upon boarding to confirm...but I did remember reading someone's post about reaching the coordinator prior to sailing...so that's the information I was hoping to get. I figure I will try from all angles.

Now...fingers crossed! Off to see if I can't make my request known. :p

I have our TA request the table we want when we are booking. We have received our request ahead of time. The most recent request was responded to by this person who said she sent our request to the dining room manager and granted our request. I have the email for documentation granting our request. Try emailing this person. We were booked in a Deluxe Verandah Suite and that may be why it was granted. Not sure. Can't hurt to ask.

Sue

Tamara Robinson

Ship Services Coordinator

Holland America Line

PHONE: 800-541-1576

EMAIL: Trobinson@hollandamerica.com

hollandamerica.com

Archived